bicycle accident insurance?

Old January 13th 05, 09:46 AM
Yuri Budilov

Default bicycle accident insurance?

hello

any suggestions on bicycle accident insurance? I am not looking for home
contents theft cover insurance but for bicycle riding insurance to cover the
cost of bicycle repair or replacement in unfortunate event of a riding
accident etc.

Bicycle Victoria no longer offer it, only as part of total house contents
insurance which I do not want.

thanks

Old January 13th 05, 12:56 PM
flyingdutch

Yuri Budilov Wrote:
hello

any suggestions on bicycle accident insurance? I am not looking for
home
contents theft cover insurance but for bicycle riding insurance to
cover the
cost of bicycle repair or replacement in unfortunate event of a riding
accident etc.

Bicycle Victoria no longer offer it, only as part of total house
contents
insurance which I do not want.

thanks

I seem to remember seeing one advertised in one of the Oz mags. just
cant remember which one! (sorry ). anyone?

F "bueller, bueller?" D

--
flyingdutch

Old January 13th 05, 03:59 PM
Laurence Dodd

I would not bother with insurance for bicycle unless a) it was for theft and
you really locked it up well so insurance company had to pay out if it got
stolen or damaged in attempted theft, or b) it was really expensive (like
some thousands of $) and you thought it highly likely that you were gonna
crash it someday sooner rather than later, and would the insurance company
cover A or B at reasonable rates. If not then you could just save up the
cash over time instead of paying premiums and would have the money when you
want to buy a new bike.
I would get other types of insurance instead.
I have free third party and third party property insurance as a member of BQ
and have just upgraded my membership of BQ to include paid coverage for
personal injury insurance.

If your bike is damaged in an accident by someone elses negligence then if
you can get their details and pass to the police then the police may ask the
person to pay for damages, I'm just guessing. Or perhaps you could sue
through small claims tribunal if a traffic infringement was successfully
prosecuted against the negligent party, I'm still just guessing.

Old January 14th 05, 12:36 AM
TimC

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 at 08:46 GMT, Yuri Budilov (aka Bruce)
hello

any suggestions on bicycle accident insurance? I am not looking for home
contents theft cover insurance but for bicycle riding insurance to cover the
cost of bicycle repair or replacement in unfortunate event of a riding
accident etc.

Bicycle Victoria no longer offer it, only as part of total house contents
insurance which I do not want.

What? They don't?

They still do the insurance against personal injury, don't they?

Black holes are where God divided by zero. -- Steven Wright
Old January 16th 05, 12:02 AM
Yuri Budilov

"TimC" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 at 08:46 GMT, Yuri Budilov (aka Bruce)
hello

any suggestions on bicycle accident insurance? I am not looking for home
contents theft cover insurance but for bicycle riding insurance to cover
the
cost of bicycle repair or replacement in unfortunate event of a riding
accident etc.

Bicycle Victoria no longer offer it, only as part of total house contents
insurance which I do not want.

What? They don't?

They still do the insurance against personal injury, don't they?

Black holes are where God divided by zero. -- Steven Wright

I rang them, there is no separate bike-only insurance any more, they want
you to take their house contents with it. Then you get everything.

Bicycleism Bicycleism Social Issues 1 July 19th 05 01:58 PM
Children should wear bicycle helmets. John Doe UK 516 December 16th 04 01:04 AM
Bicycle helmets help prevent serious head injury among children, part one. John Doe UK 3 November 30th 04 04:46 PM
New Bicycle Seat More Healthy for Men Paulpstein Social Issues 3 November 14th 04 12:53 AM