How to talk to non-cyclists

Old October 13th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

Default How to talk to non-cyclists

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...cyclists-12730

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old October 13th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Warner[_2_]

Mostly I try to avoid referring to their fat, unattractive bodies. It's
hard when you're not very tactful :-)
Old October 22nd 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Claire Petersky" writes:
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...cyclists-12730

sigh. Last week, while ride-sharing with my clique on
the way to work, we were running a little late, because
of the requirement to procure a can of coffee for the day.

Getting onto the appropriate side of the Oak St bridge from
Marine Dr can be a bit of a dark art. So while we were
trying to hie our way to the workplace coffee machine and
our driver was histrionically weaving through the subordinate
streets to wend our way onto the bridge, we ended up behind
a cyclist. He was just minding his own beeswax, and staying
well away from the door zone of the adjacent parked cars.
My workmates hurled all sorts of acerbic invectives at him
because they thought he was slowing us down. I just cringed
down in the middle of the back seat, stuck between two
loudmouthed fat guys.

I considered explaining to them what's what, but I shined
that idea on. Sometimes people just /won't/ (as opposed
to "don't") get it. Non-cyclists are other-worlders.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old October 22nd 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Oct 22, 12:07 am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
"Claire Petersky" writes:

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...k-to-non-cycli...

[...]

I run into that all the time. Being the type of person that really
enjoys a good debate, I usually dive right in. It's rare that the
noncyclist gets it, but it's a fun way to pass a little time and every
once in a while you see get a spark of comprehension.

Regarding www.fatcyclist.com, it's the first site I check every
morning. That dude is a riot!

How to talk to non-cyclists Danny Colyer UK 3 October 15th 07 01:30 PM
Devices for cyclists to talk to each other? Do they exist? (I'm thinking ultra-light, "blu-tooth" type technology...) ship UK 44 March 15th 05 09:31 AM
Talk Radio Hosts Encourage Killing Cyclists Cycle America General 24 May 30th 04 01:53 AM
Please talk me out of it! Thomas UK 20 January 20th 04 10:55 PM
Ice? Don't talk to me about ice... Steve Rumsby UK 3 January 19th 04 04:50 PM