RAGBRAI .. I've never done it, might this summer.. looking for info

Old June 14th 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Clyde Henpecker

Default RAGBRAI .. I've never done it, might this summer.. looking for info

I'm trying to figure out a tour.. so, last night I was doing the look
at places I've never bicycled at, and the RAGBRAI ride popped up.

I got to wondering ... somehow get to the start, ride the ride,, across
Iowa,
then keep on trucking back to New England for a kinda almost across the
country ride..

What do ya think?

How do ya get to the start of RAGBRAI?

How much? Where do I get a bib?

Any and all thoughts?

Thanks...

Old June 15th 09, 08:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Mike A Schwab

On Jun 14, 8:51*am, "Clyde Henpecker" wrote:
I'm trying to figure out a tour.. *so, last night I was doing the look
at places I've never bicycled at, and the RAGBRAI ride popped up.

I got to wondering ... *somehow get to the start, ride the ride,, across
Iowa,
then keep on trucking back to New England for a kinda almost across the
country ride..

What do ya think?

How do ya get to the start of RAGBRAI?

How much? *Where do I get a bib?

Any and all thoughts?

Thanks...

http://ragbrai.com/
They have charters to get you across the state, or from the Omaha
airport. You should be able to buy a band from someone who backs
out. If you are going for a particular charter, contact them, if they
have someone who cant make it, they will assist in transferring the
bands so you can take their charter.

If you cant get a band, fly into Epply Field, Omaha, NB one days
early, ride across the river to the starting location (or take an
airport shuttle), pirate the ride, and carry your own luggage every
day, just like you will the rest of your trip. If you need to use the
SAG wagon, they will charge you $25 each day you ride. Other special
events that require a band you wont be able to attend. However,
almost all food and most events are paid separately in cash, so bring
plenty of $1s and $5s.

What you really lose by not having a wristband is baggage being
carried every day and prepaid sag service and a few events that check
wrist bands.

You will need to be able to ride 40 mi on two consecutive days (Sat,
Sun) before the tour to keep up.
Old July 1st 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Rick[_10_]

What you really lose by not having a wristband is baggage being
carried every day and prepaid sag service and a few events that check
wrist bands.

Humm, what can you really lose BIG by going bandit is getting to pay
your own ambulance bills and emergency room bills. The register does
have insurnace and hires ambulances for the ride. But no wrist band
and you get the bills.

I've always said its not an offical ragbrai unless I personally see a
crash and I pretty much see one every day.

RAGBRAI bluezfolk Techniques 67 July 30th 08 04:49 AM
RAGBRAI bluezfolk Racing 78 July 29th 08 03:14 AM
(Melb) Trek Summer Sprint Series to go ahead in summer 2008-2009 Bleve Australia 1 May 29th 08 09:21 AM
Ragbrai wayde is a pirate Unicycling 2 May 24th 07 12:43 AM
Ragbrai? onewheeling Unicycling 3 March 26th 07 06:56 PM