Ullrich breathing down LANCE's neck

Old July 18th 03, 05:04 PM
Bruce Johnston

Default Ullrich breathing down LANCE's neck

"K. J. Papai" wrote in message
om...
The ITT just ended, and the World's absolute two best
in the TT discipline came in 1st and 2nd.

Ullrich is the only one to crack an hour for 47K today;
LANCE missed the hour mark by 8 seconds.

Tune in tomorrow for some Pyrenees and then especially Sunday
where we will know for sure who wins this Tour (unless it comes down
to an ITT rematch next Saturday).

(I listened in LIVE via OLN Phil & Paul link from www.letour.fr)

-Ken

Lance will destroy the german in the mountains. I'll be shocked if he
doesn't! Ullrich getting better as the Tour moves on but so is Lance. I
expect Lance to beat Ullrich by several minutes by Tours end.

B-

Old July 18th 03, 05:06 PM
Robert Oliver

Lance will destroy the german in the mountains. I'll be shocked if he
doesn't! Ullrich getting better as the Tour moves on but so is Lance.

Losing over a minute to Ullrich is not exactly getting "better." Ullrich was
dropped on the first big climb of the mountains, so perhaps he will lose
more time...but perhaps he can make some of that up on the final time trial.

At the very least, it's certainly not clear who will win.

Old July 18th 03, 06:31 PM
Harris

"Bruce Johnston" wrote:

Lance will destroy the german in the mountains. I'll be shocked if he
doesn't! Ullrich getting better as the Tour moves on but so is Lance. I
expect Lance to beat Ullrich by several minutes by Tours end.

I expect Lance to be attacked mercilessly in the remaining mountain stages
as the others smell blood. His best hope is to break away with Herras and
gain a couple of minutes on the field. But I'm not sure he still has it in
him.

Art Harris

Old July 18th 03, 10:15 PM
Ron D.

"Robert Oliver" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...

Losing over a minute to Ullrich is not exactly getting "better."

Ullrich was
dropped on the first big climb of the mountains, so perhaps he will

lose
more time...but perhaps he can make some of that up on the final time

trial.

At the very least, it's certainly not clear who will win.

Jan suffured gastric problems in the Alps.
Hope he will show his true level in the Pyrénées

--
Ron

Old July 19th 03, 12:11 AM
Heinz Getzler

Ullrich will probably go down as one of the biggest comebacks of the
year. Armstrong will probably still win this years tdf. But on the
otherhand Armstrong has shown some weakness in years tdf. So one
cannot discount the possibility that Ullrich could take the yellow
jersey in the Pyrenees. Since this was at mountain TT this could be
further indication that Ullrich could drop Lance tomorrow.