Cyclist killer behind bars for six years.

Old September 9th 03, 07:42 PM
Thomas

Default Cyclist killer behind bars for six years.

"-- Wide Load -- @blueyonder.co.uk" apsw07048removespam wrote in
message ...
Sickening. IMHO I don't think 6 years in enough. Evil looking yob too.

But what purpose does a long prison sentance serve?

Surely it'd be better to take away his licence for a set period and have it
drummed into him what a prat he's been. Hell, get the git sent round the
country to tells kids what a fool he's been.

Sadly, can't see it happening - the public wants its blood.

Thomas.

Old September 9th 03, 09:57 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

Small point of fact. I don't think Roger Geffen is correct about the
deaths of cyclists on the roads. If there were 10 cyclists killed daily,
they would constitute the majority of *all* road fatalities. They do
not.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old September 9th 03, 10:26 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 19:42:55 +0100, "Thomas" La de la de la wrote:

But what purpose does a long prison sentance serve?
Surely it'd be better to take away his licence for a set period and have it
drummed into him what a prat he's been.

He didn't have a licence.

They should CUT HIS GOOLIES OFF!

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
New! Improved!! Now with added extra Demon!
Old September 9th 03, 10:26 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:57:58 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Small point of fact. I don't think Roger Geffen is correct about the
deaths of cyclists on the roads. If there were 10 cyclists killed daily,
they would constitute the majority of *all* road fatalities. They do
not.

I don't think Roger would have said that - I think the paper has
misquoted him.

Guy
===
Old September 9th 03, 10:50 PM
Simon Mason

"Adrian Boliston" wrote in message

Quite a contrast between the paper's picture of the killer, and the smiley
cartoon on the band page...

http://www.rcas.demon.co.uk/gargoyles/

Paul Warhurst, the bass player of the Gargoyles was *not* the killer
of Mr Little. He himself was killed on his bike nine days after this
tragedy. The killer was called Tony Redfern.
--
Simon
Old September 9th 03, 11:00 PM
Adrian Boliston

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
om...

Paul Warhurst, the bass player of the Gargoyles was *not* the killer
of Mr Little. He himself was killed on his bike nine days after this
tragedy. The killer was called Tony Redfern.

Sorry. The text on the scanned image was very small so I must have misread
it.

Old September 10th 03, 06:45 AM
Simon Mason

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in message ...
Small point of fact. I don't think Roger Geffen is correct about the
deaths of cyclists on the roads. If there were 10 cyclists killed daily,
they would constitute the majority of *all* road fatalities. They do
not.

That struck me as well. I thought the total road deaths per year was
about 3000, so if he's right, they're nearly all cyclists.
--
Simon
Old September 10th 03, 11:02 AM
marc

"Thomas" La de la de la wrote:

But what purpose does a long prison sentance serve?

I stops him from driving.

--
Marc
Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc
Old September 21st 03, 12:43 AM
Andrew Chadwick

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:05:03 GMT, Simon Brooke wrote:
"Just zis Guy, you know?" writes:

Sent the link to Roger & he's written to correct them. 10 deaths per day is
for all road fatalities, as any fule kno.

You are Nigel Molesworth, and I claim the Mrs Joyfull prize for Raffia
Work

You owe me a new keyboard chiz.

--
Andrew Chadwick