Pedals for Spinning Class and Road Riding

Old November 6th 12, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman (-_-)

Default Pedals for Spinning Class and Road Riding

On 11/5/2012 7:15 AM, Henry Stockbridge wrote:
Hi,

I was told by my local bike store that the SPD cleats used in spinning classes at the health club are compatible with mountain bike pedals only. If this is true, then I would have to a) change my cleats every time I want to use my road bike (outside or on my wind trainer), or b) ask the health club if I can remove the spinning bike pedals with my own. Option A is a hassle. Option B is easy, but I hear a liability lecture coming on.

Is there an SPD pedal on the market that could accommodate my road riding and spinning class at the same time?

Thanks,

Henry

Unless you are road racing/time trialing, there is no point in wearing
"road cleats" and shoes. SPD mountain bike cleats and pedals are fine
for road riding - if you feel pressure points on the soles of your feet,
get shoes (e.g. SiDi Dominator) with stiffer soles.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!
Old November 6th 12, 02:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Graham

"Henry Stockbridge" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I was told by my local bike store that the SPD cleats used in spinning classes at the health club are compatible with mountain bike pedals only. If this is true, then I would have to a) change my cleats every time I want to use my road bike (outside or on my wind trainer), or b) ask the health club if I can remove the spinning bike pedals with my own. Option A is a hassle. Option B is easy, but I hear a liability lecture coming on.

Is there an SPD pedal on the market that could accommodate my road riding and spinning class at the same time?

Thanks,

Henry

Take a look at these two:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=74749

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=28051

Graham.

Old November 7th 12, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Rosemeyer duh

if yawl can drive a VW yawl can drive an Auto Union.

incroyable. witless cyclists cram into a room and ride stationary bicycles.

yuch

where's the shower ? hi, do you shower here often ? How's that thing feel when ura spinning ?

phew

incroyable

bridge anyone ?
Old November 7th 12, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

http://www.abalancedapproachkodiak.com/cycling.shtml