Flat again today but prepared.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 17th 21, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Flat again today but prepared.

On 5/17/2021 9:47 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 7:58:56 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:02:03 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I like a decent pump a lot better. My favourite pumps are the Zefal HP or Zefal HPX.

I agree. And I had some luck with my HPX the other day. I hadn't used it for a long time, so
grabbed it instead of my floor pump to inflate my tires.

Well! I couldn't get it to switch from "X" mode (for clipping into my bike frame) to "HP" mode
(for actually inflating the tire). It took several shots of lubricant into the fancy 2-way handle,
plus a lot of working things back and forth. And the steel pump shaft was a bit rusty too.
I cleaned and lubricated that plus the leather washer.

I was glad I learned this at home instead of on the road. Moral of the story: Maintain your pump.

- Frank Krygowski

Silca is coming back to life and perhaps they will use their own pump technology to build full sized frame pumps if enough people write them about it.

???
Silca USA has made them, very well, for about six years.
http://www.yellowjersey.org/silca15.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Be prepared! Nick Kew UK 13 January 21st 07 05:00 PM
Boonen rode the last 5k on a front flat today Bret Racing 6 July 6th 06 01:35 AM
Flat tire today... rdclark General 21 May 1st 05 09:24 PM
Today's ride - first flat of the season Callas UK 10 June 21st 04 11:08 AM
Are you prepared for the snow? Colin Blackburn UK 64 January 31st 04 09:40 PM