Bikely

Old April 6th 08, 10:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tombstone

Default Bikely

Is anyone else having the problem that I'm having with Bikely?
When I open a map of someone's save route, the route (which used to be
traced out on the map in a distinctive colour) is no longer visible.
I have posed the question on Bikely forums but have not got a response,
indicating to me that no one else is having the same problem.
Any ideas?
Tom.

Old April 6th 08, 11:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Skewer[_2_]

Tombstone wrote:
Is anyone else having the problem that I'm having with Bikely?
When I open a map of someone's save route, the route (which used to be
traced out on the map in a distinctive colour) is no longer visible.
I have posed the question on Bikely forums but have not got a response,
indicating to me that no one else is having the same problem.
Any ideas?
Tom.

Tom,
Your assumption is probably correct.
Have you tried logging in to Bikely on different computer?
That would show whether the problem is in your setup.

--
Skewer
Old April 6th 08, 01:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
JohnJohn

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 19:04:05 +1000, Tombstone wrote:

Is anyone else having the problem that I'm having with Bikely? When I
open a map of someone's save route, the route (which used to be traced
out on the map in a distinctive colour) is no longer visible. I have
posed the question on Bikely forums but have not got a response,
indicating to me that no one else is having the same problem. Any ideas?
Tom.

Tom

It's not just you; I've just polled the mtb-oz mailing list and the route
line has vanished for some people and not others, with no common factor
of operating system or browser.

I'll get the developers to look into it ASAP.

Old April 7th 08, 01:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Pitts[_2_]

On 2008-04-06, Tombstone wrote:
Is anyone else having the problem that I'm having with Bikely?
When I open a map of someone's save route, the route (which used to be
traced out on the map in a distinctive colour) is no longer visible.
I have posed the question on Bikely forums but have not got a response,
indicating to me that no one else is having the same problem.
Any ideas?
Tom.

No problem here using Firefox.

Are you using any non-default styles to view the page (for example using
plugins like Stylish)? Sometimes they can have funny side-effects.

--
John
Roses are #FF0000
Old April 7th 08, 02:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
JohnJohn

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 17:09:31 -0700, Bleve wrote:

Is anyone else having the problem that I'm having with Bikely?

same here

Hi Carl,

What OS and browser are you using?

I suspect it's nothing to do with OS/browser issues, I just want as much
data as possible to to eliminate the possibility.

So far, this only seems to be affecting some Australian users, which
leads me to suspect that Google has done something odd.

Old April 7th 08, 07:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Apr 7, 11:26 am, JohnJohn wrote:
On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 17:09:31 -0700, Bleve wrote:
Is anyone else having the problem that I'm having with Bikely?

same here

Hi Carl,

What OS and browser are you using?

XP Pro, Firefox 2.0.0.13

I didn't test it on any other browsers and the page that wasn't
working is now.

Go figure

I suspect it's nothing to do with OS/browser issues, I just want as much
data as possible to to eliminate the possibility.

So far, this only seems to be affecting some Australian users, which
leads me to suspect that Google has done something odd.

Free services, we get what we pay for

Old April 7th 08, 12:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tombstone

I checked out Bikely tonight and...lo and behold, the route traces were back
again.
I didn't change anything with my browser or any add-ons.
Thanks to those who responded.

"Tombstone" wrote in message
Is anyone else having the problem that I'm having with Bikely?
When I open a map of someone's save route, the route (which used to be
traced out on the map in a distinctive colour) is no longer visible.
I have posed the question on Bikely forums but have not got a response,
indicating to me that no one else is having the same problem.
Any ideas?
Tom.

Bikely route planner.Anyone used Bikely as a tour planner? spindrift UK 1 August 13th 07 02:49 PM
Bikely - lol's gplama Australia 9 August 4th 06 02:42 AM
bikely, meet GPS data... Jules Australia 0 June 30th 06 12:37 AM
Bikely - location format Donga Australia 16 June 8th 06 02:42 AM
Further Bikely Discussion... Jules Australia 2 May 29th 06 03:36 AM