GD cable derailleurs!

Old April 15th 21, 06:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default GD cable derailleurs!

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 7:36:05 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
From https://www.collegetransfer.net/AskCT/What-is-a-GED :

"What is the GED?"

"Short Answer: The GED, General Educational Diploma, is for those
without a High School Diploma. Study and take a battery of tests to
certify your aptitude, knowledge and skills. It is designed for those
that never finished high school. ... Only those who have not earned a
high school diploma may take the GED tests."

Tom, you don't even understand what low level certification you've gotten..

- Frank Krygowski

I'd like to take a GED test or two. Just to see if I remember anything from my high school classes or picked up any new knowledge since leaving high school. The GED test would be just a fun test, not a means to call myself a high school graduate. I do have a high school diploma and a few other degrees from a few decades ago.
Old April 15th 21, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 5:36:05 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/14/2021 8:05 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 12:55:22 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/14/2021 2:35 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 3:27:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Jay, why the feigned outrage? I got my GED many years ago when I thought I was a drop-out. 8 years ago I attended my high school reunion and discovered that I was pictured in the high school yearbook and one of my classmates told me that they had announced that I wasn't at the graduation because I had joined the Air Force.

FYI. Yearbook pictures are taken in the fall prior to graduation in the spring. The yearbooks are produced sometime late fall, early winter. And available to be sold to the high school kids in Jan-Feb-Mar prior to graduation in May. So it is very possible and likely that kids pictures can and do appear in the yearbook and they do not graduate in the following spring. I highly doubt the people running the creation and picture taking for the yearbook are apprised of the student's grades throughout their senior year. There is NOT a checklist of 1. Did kid receive good enough grades and credits to graduate and receive a degree? 2. OK. Kid's picture is allowed into yearbook. 3. If NOT OK, then kid's picture is removed and expunged from the entire history of the high school. 4. So it is written, so it shall be done!
And graduating high school is a very important and unforgettable
milestone for a kid.

Plus it's a simple binary situation. A person either graduated or he did
not. If he did, the GED people would have told him "You don't need a
GED, you graduated."

Based on everything he says, Tom did not graduate high school.

Frank, why do you have to show you're a mindless idiot every day of the week? The GED is JUST a test. Do you understand that? I doubt that since you wrote that stupidity in the first place.

From https://www.collegetransfer.net/AskCT/What-is-a-GED :

"What is the GED?"

"Short Answer: The GED, General Educational Diploma, is for those
without a High School Diploma. Study and take a battery of tests to
certify your aptitude, knowledge and skills. It is designed for those
that never finished high school. ... Only those who have not earned a
high school diploma may take the GED tests."

Tom, you don't even understand what low level certification you've gotten..

Frank it is never surprising that you as usual don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. To your mind they don't simply ask you if you have a high school diploma, they go and check records from all over the world to prove it. On the best day of your life you are so completely incompetent that I'm surprised that you can tie your own shoes and probably wear slip-ons.
Old April 15th 21, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 7:38:05 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 17:07:29 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 3:52:56 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 07:55:16 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:19:04 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
.
Gee Tommy, I just looked up the facts and it turns out that the
*average* income for a lawyer, in California is in the $100,000 -
$110,000 range
https://www.indeed.com/career/attorney/salaries/CA
https://www.salary.com/research/sala...er-i-salary/ca
I wasn't aware that $100,000 a year wasn't enough to live on in the
U.S..

Then you might want to explain to people why the average salary of an experienced EE is 50% higher than that or why I was making a quarter of a million bucks a year? Is that because lawyers were so valuable. My brother-in-law was a GOOD lawyer and would beat any of these asses hands down. He could quote the law to the judges when necessary. That was the only thing that asshole could do right.
Tommy boy, you are getting worse and worse. Have you stopped taking
your medicine? Of course you were making $250,000 a year? Just like
your brother quotes law to Judges?

And of course there are all those Chinese in those force labor camps
and bottom brackets are just so complicated to install and, and, and.

But tell us the truth for once. Is it that your delusions that are
growing wilder in your old age or have you made a New Year's
resolution to tell more lies this year?

You're just drooling with jealousy. There is no way you could ever make 10% of that so you simply deny that it is posslble.

Drooling with jealousy? Well, perhaps... but I'm the guy with the two
homes and I haven't worked in nearly 20 years and we are getting along
nicely on the income from our investments.

And you are still living in your mother's home, whine about the cost
of groceries and fiddle around with second hand crap from e-bay.

I'm just so jealous that you can afford to own two homes in Thailand and that the rental from one can support you along with your service retirement pay.
Old April 15th 21, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

From https://www.collegetransfer.net/AskCT/What-is-a-GED :

"What is the GED?"

"Short Answer: The GED, General Educational Diploma, is for those
without a High School Diploma. Study and take a battery of tests to
certify your aptitude, knowledge and skills. It is designed for those
that never finished high school. ... Only those who have not earned a
high school diploma may take the GED tests."

Tom, you don't even understand what low level certification you've gotten.

Frank it is never surprising that you as usual don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. To your mind they don't simply ask you if you have a high school diploma, they go and check records from all over the world to prove it.

They gave you the GED test. That means you do NOT have a high school
diploma. Quite blathering.

I'll add that I worked with hundreds of college students during my
career. There were some who entered based on a GED rather than a high
school diploma.

In my experience, students with GEDs were of significantly lower
caliber. Passing a test is one thing, but it's not the same as having
the personal discipline to show up daily at school, do all the classwork
and homework, pass the _many_ tests and fulfill _all_ the requirements
for graduation.

But congratulations on your GED. At least it's something.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 15th 21, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

From https://www.collegetransfer.net/AskCT/What-is-a-GED :

[...]

Another fool trying to convince everyone here that before they will give you a GED they do a world wide search of whether you've gotten a high school diploma of not. Although you haven't yet mastered the art of spelling "quit" perhaps you ought to take your own advice and shut up since on the best day of your life you couldn't meet my expectations as a project leader or department supervisor.
Old April 15th 21, 09:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 08:34:40 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

In California they just passed a law that in any future recalls anyone
who signs the recall petitions can have his name and address made public.
That is the way the Cancel Culture works. Or DID work since that is not
going to be so after the next couple of elections.

As of April 12, 2021, the currently un-named bill hasn't been passed
and probably won't pass. It just cleared the first of several
committee hurtles and hasn't even been presented in draft form. That's
the first step on its way to being filed in the trash can:

"California bill that would let recall targets see who signed petition
clears Senate committee"
https://ktla.com/news/california/california-bill-that-would-let-recall-targets-see-who-signed-petition-to-oust-them-clears-senate-committee/

If you would bother to backup your fabrications and contrived news
with references and links to your sources, you might not have to deal
with me bugging you with corrections.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old April 15th 21, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

But when you or others reply to tom you bypass the Killfile that many people here have Tom in.

Cheers
Old April 16th 21, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

See Tommy, you don't comprehend what you read... or perhaps you just
don't read well.
I didn't say that I am supported by a rental, I said that "we are
getting along nicely on the income from our investments"

And yes, one might invest in a house and then rent it but we bought
(actually built) a house and lived in it for nearly 40 years and then
bought another house. The "Bangkok House" is currently used by our son
and the grand kids which allows the grand kids to attend schools in
Bangkok which are generally held to be much better then schools in the
provinces.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old April 16th 21, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:

[...]

True, but given the limitations of Usenet reader kill files and
filters, there's not much I can do to completely solve the problem. I
tried to write a Perl script to also remove anything and everything
from kill files by individuals appearing in a kill file or filter. It
didn't work because of an odd reason. Google and other web based
Usenet readers reformat the message which hides the quotes and
attributions. My script failed badly on those. I had something
halfway working for Forte Agent which I might resurrect, time
permitting.

Meanwhile, I have a suggestion. Add me and everyone else who posts
corrections to Tom's misinformation to your kill file. However,
instead of deleting or hiding the message, simply have the filter mark
them as already read. If you want to go back and read something from
any of those people, the messages are still there. I've never tried
that so I don't know it is workable.

Unfortunately, there's another problem. There are a large number of
people who regularly lock horns with Tom. If you were to kill file
all or most of them, there would be very little remaining to read.
Rather than post hundreds of one-line sentence fragments of little
value, as Tom seems to prefer, I try to post only a few messages which
I try to make worthwhile reading. Longer and fewer messages seem
easier to organize and read.

I've tried to follow your suggestion of simply ignoring Tom. I lasted
about a week. When I could no longer stand reading Tom's deluge of
errors and insults, I returned to pointing out Tom's mistakes and
engaging in verbal duels. Besides my compulsive need to correct Tom's
errors, I also rather enjoy the ummm... discussion, where Tom plays
the masochistic chronic victim, and I play the cruel and sadistic
inquisitor. Drama comes to R.B.T.

Old April 16th 21, 12:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Another fool trying to convince everyone here that before they will give you a GED they do a world wide search of whether you've gotten a high school diploma of not.

wow...When did you get your GED, tommy? I'm guessing it was around the time you joined the airforce, in which case there was no WWW. That said, no, it isn't general practice for a GED administrator to do a search to see if you already have a diploma. In fact, I suggest it probably isn't done ever. If you have proof that some search is done of school records please post it. Something from around the era when you got your GED would be preferable.

Although you haven't yet mastered the art of spelling "quit"

Frank doesn't strike me as a quitter, unlike someone who quit high school, quit the airforce, and has never held a job for more than a few years.

perhaps you ought to take your own advice and shut up since on the best day of your life you couldn't meet my expectations as a project leader or department supervisor.

I can't speak for Frank, but if tommy told me that, I'd say "good". Tommy's idea of good leadership is trump.