Conclusions: Electra Townie 21 vs. Trek Pure Sport

Old September 9th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
jim[_4_]

Default Conclusions: Electra Townie 21 vs. Trek Pure Sport

After doing research on various forums...given the virtually identical
price of the two units ($30 MSRP price difference), it has become
clear that if both units are equally comfortable for the rider, that
the Trek Pure Sport has to be the better choice based upon superior
components and a suspension front.
I post this to assist any others facing the same choice in a 'flat
foot on the ground forward crank geometry (Electra Townie's
'trademark' innovation) bike..

Old September 9th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Sep 9, 1:20 pm, jim wrote:
After doing research on various forums...given the virtually identical
price of the two units ($30 MSRP price difference), it has become
clear that if both units are equally comfortable for the rider, that
the Trek Pure Sport has to be the better choice based upon superior
components and a suspension front.

Suspension front serves mainly to weight down the bike on a path
bicycle. Don't like the name silkscreened onto the rear mech? Get a
new one, they're dirt cheap. I just picked up a new Deore for $15, as
good as anybody pootlin' around could ever need. Besides, the Trek
factory is powered with the flesh of babies.

Old September 9th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Schway

In article .com,
jim wrote:

After doing research on various forums...given the virtually identical
price of the two units ($30 MSRP price difference), it has become
clear that if both units are equally comfortable for the rider, that
the Trek Pure Sport has to be the better choice based upon superior
components and a suspension front.
I post this to assist any others facing the same choice in a 'flat
foot on the ground forward crank geometry (Electra Townie's
'trademark' innovation) bike..

Maybe there are changes in the 08 line, but my wife's 07 Townie 21 has a
suspension fork.

--Mike

Mike Schway | [Picture your favorite quote here]

Old September 9th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Steve Gravrock

On 2007-09-09, landotter wrote:

Suspension front serves mainly to weight down the bike on a path
bicycle. Don't like the name silkscreened onto the rear mech? Get a
new one, they're dirt cheap. I just picked up a new Deore for $15, as
good as anybody pootlin' around could ever need. Besides, the Trek
factory is powered with the flesh of babies.

Hey, at least it's a renewable resource. g,d&r
Old September 10th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ozark Bicycle

Really? I thought it ran on bull**** and hype.

Old September 10th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Sep 9, 1:20 pm, jim wrote:

After doing research on various forums...given the virtually identical
price of the two units ($30 MSRP price difference), it has become
clear that if both units are equally comfortable for the rider, that
the Trek Pure Sport has to be the better choice based upon superior
components and a suspension front.

Suspension front serves mainly to weight down the bike on a path
bicycle. Don't like the name silkscreened onto the rear mech? Get a
new one, they're dirt cheap. I just picked up a new Deore for $15, as
good as anybody pootlin' around could ever need. Besides, the Trek
factory is powered with the flesh of babies.

Really? I thought it ran on bull**** and hype.

My bad, I was thinking of Dick Cheney's heated pool.

Old September 10th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On 2007-09-09, landotter wrote:

Suspension front serves mainly to weight down the bike on a path
bicycle. Don't like the name silkscreened onto the rear mech? Get a
new one, they're dirt cheap. I just picked up a new Deore for $15, as
good as anybody pootlin' around could ever need. Besides, the Trek
factory is powered with the flesh of babies.

Hey, at least it's a renewable resource. g,d&r

Here at Swift Fuel, we're as committed to the environment and family
planning as you are!

Old September 10th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

After doing research on various forums...given the virtually identical
price of the two units ($30 MSRP price difference), it has become
clear that if both units are equally comfortable for the rider, that
the Trek Pure Sport has to be the better choice based upon superior
components and a suspension front.

Suspension front serves mainly to weight down the bike on a path
bicycle. Don't like the name silkscreened onto the rear mech? Get a
new one, they're dirt cheap. I just picked up a new Deore for $15, as
good as anybody pootlin' around could ever need. Besides, the Trek
factory is powered with the flesh of babies.

Really? I thought it ran on bull**** and hype.

Nope. That was considered, but there's a shortage of fuel lately. Apparently
much of the world supply is being used on rbr.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old September 10th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ozark Bicycle

On Sep 9, 9:10 pm, landotter wrote:
On Sep 9, 9:06 pm, Ozark Bicycle

On Sep 9, 1:20 pm, jim wrote:

After doing research on various forums...given the virtually identical
price of the two units ($30 MSRP price difference), it has become
clear that if both units are equally comfortable for the rider, that
the Trek Pure Sport has to be the better choice based upon superior
components and a suspension front.

Suspension front serves mainly to weight down the bike on a path
bicycle. Don't like the name silkscreened onto the rear mech? Get a
new one, they're dirt cheap. I just picked up a new Deore for $15, as
good as anybody pootlin' around could ever need. Besides, the Trek
factory is powered with the flesh of babies.

Really? I thought it ran on bull**** and hype.

My bad, I was thinking of Dick Cheney's heated pool.

Dick Cheney on a Madone......a marriage made in {insert reality of
your choice}