E-fit of road rage cyclist

Old April 2nd 14, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default E-fit of road rage cyclist

On 02/04/2014 10:53, Mrcheerful wrote:
The cyclist, who is white, in his 30s, with short, dark, wavy hair and
glasses and was wearing a dark top and trousers, stopped his bike in
front of the victim's silver Peugeot 406. He then got off the bike and
smashed it down on the bonnet.

I expect the car driver was a woman, or disabled.

http://www.stroudlife.co.uk/Cyclist-...ail/story.html

Does that look like Mason?

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old April 2nd 14, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 18:18:46 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 02/04/2014 18:01, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 17:22:25 +0100, Mrcheerful
wrote:

So having a number plate allows miscreants to be traced, glad we have
cleared that up. Number plates were introduced to enable the tracing of
the owners of vehicles, at the time road tax did not exist.

What a pity that the present government and likely future governments
are unlikely to introduce bicycle registration plates, then. Oh well,
never mind eh!?

Does anyone know why the Swiss abandoned their seemingly excellent
compulsory bike registration and insurance scheme?

Vote UKIP.

The racist party?
Old April 2nd 14, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

news
wrote:

So having a number plate allows miscreants to be traced, glad we have
cleared that up. Number plates were introduced to enable the tracing of
the owners of vehicles, at the time road tax did not exist.

What a pity that the present government and likely future governments
are unlikely to introduce bicycle registration plates, then. Oh well,
never mind eh!?

Does anyone know why the Swiss abandoned their seemingly excellent
compulsory bike registration and insurance scheme?

Maybe that their cyclists are a lot more balanced and law-abiding than ours,
don't hunt in packs, don't carry "D" locks as weapons and don't suffer from
temper tantrums and road rage like ours do.
I don't know that for a fact, that's just based on my personal observations.

Old April 2nd 14, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 18:15:13 +0100, Dave- Cyclists VORP
wrote:

On 02/04/2014 14:23, Sig wrote:
On 02/04/2014 14:15, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 02/04/2014 14:08, Sig wrote:
On 02/04/2014 11:31, Tarcap wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

The cyclist, who is white, in his 30s, with short, dark, wavy hair and
glasses and was wearing a dark top and trousers, stopped his bike in
front of the victim's silver Peugeot 406. He then got off the bike and
smashed it down on the bonnet.

I expect the car driver was a woman, or disabled.

http://www.stroudlife.co.uk/Cyclist-...ail/story.html

Yet another argument in favour of compulsory registration.
When will the authorities do something to protect women and children
from these dangerous psychopaths?

You mean like this one - drunk, hit and run, speeding!
result= 8 years jail and 10 year driving ban.
I don't think his numberplate played any role in catching this fine
upstanding motorist.

no the numberplate was not seen, the motorist came forward in response
to the appeal.

Do you think that numberplates 'never' help to catch miscreants? If so
then why are they there?

Collect TAXES

Which is why sponging, freeloading cyclists are terrified of registration.

Why would cyclists fear something that they know won't happen?
Old April 2nd 14, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

So having a number plate allows miscreants to be traced, glad we have
cleared that up. Number plates were introduced to enable the tracing of
the owners of vehicles, at the time road tax did not exist.

What a pity that the present government and likely future governments
are unlikely to introduce bicycle registration plates, then. Oh well,
never mind eh!?

Does anyone know why the Swiss abandoned their seemingly excellent
compulsory bike registration and insurance scheme?

Maybe that their cyclists are a lot more balanced and law-abiding than ours,
don't hunt in packs, don't carry "D" locks as weapons and don't suffer from
temper tantrums and road rage like ours do.
I don't know that for a fact, that's just based on my personal observations.

Yes - I can see that would have been a huge factor in the Swiss
referendum to repeal the law requiring registration and insurance for
cyclists.
Old April 2nd 14, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave-Cyclists VORT

wrote:

So having a number plate allows miscreants to be traced, glad we have
cleared that up. Number plates were introduced to enable the tracing of
the owners of vehicles, at the time road tax did not exist.

What a pity that the present government and likely future governments
are unlikely to introduce bicycle registration plates, then. Oh well,
never mind eh!?

Does anyone know why the Swiss abandoned their seemingly excellent
compulsory bike registration and insurance scheme?

Vote UKIP.

The racist party?

No, UKIP, idiot boy.

--
Dave-Cyclists VORT
Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
Old April 2nd 14, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 02/04/2014 14:08, Sig wrote:
[...]

Because they know its going to happen one day. You can hear the
puckering.....

Old April 2nd 14, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

So having a number plate allows miscreants to be traced, glad we have
cleared that up. Number plates were introduced to enable the tracing of
the owners of vehicles, at the time road tax did not exist.

What a pity that the present government and likely future governments
are unlikely to introduce bicycle registration plates, then. Oh well,
never mind eh!?

Does anyone know why the Swiss abandoned their seemingly excellent
compulsory bike registration and insurance scheme?

Vote UKIP.

The racist party?

No, UKIP, idiot boy.

Might you vote for them?
Old April 2nd 14, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On 02/04/2014 14:08, Sig wrote:
[...]

Oh really. Where can I find these plans to register cyclists or
bicycles.
Old April 3rd 14, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

wrote:

[...]

Yes, you're right for a change.