Those terribly overpriced bikes of mine.

Old April 28th 21, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Those terribly overpriced bikes of mine.

Well sold the Emonda which was so terribly overpriced yesterday to a man from across the bay for cash on the barrel head. So much for that overpriced thing.

I have had two people contact me and offer to buy the Felt for my asking price but both of them sounded a bit funny so I told them I don't accept checks by mail and if they want it they have to show up with money.

That means that about the only bikes left to sell are the Colnago and the Lemond.

I must say, I thought that the Emonda had a scratch in the paint on the left side and figured that someone passing had thrown a rock up on me. But it turned out to be sap from a plant and cleaned it up. The bike appeared to be better than showroom condition when it was bought.

It must be terrible to think that other people don't know as much as you and it turns out to be not so.
Old April 28th 21, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 7:04:58 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Well sold the Emonda which was so terribly overpriced yesterday to a man from across the bay for cash on the barrel head. So much for that overpriced thing.

I have had two people contact me and offer to buy the Felt for my asking price but both of them sounded a bit funny so I told them I don't accept checks by mail and if they want it they have to show up with money.

That means that about the only bikes left to sell are the Colnago and the Lemond.

I must say, I thought that the Emonda had a scratch in the paint on the left side and figured that someone passing had thrown a rock up on me. But it turned out to be sap from a plant and cleaned it up. The bike appeared to be better than showroom condition when it was bought.

It must be terrible to think that other people don't know as much as you and it turns out to be not so.

What was the final sale price? Did you get your money out of it?

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 28th 21, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 9:34:42 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I got my asking price. Those used bike price sites are simply idiot finders.. No one is selling bikes for the prices you quoted that doesn't have "Wallmart" on the labels.

When that guy came over to look at the bike it looked BETTER than most showroom bikes do.