Please do not feed the Troll Matt B.

Old September 15th 06, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Please do not feed the Troll Matt B.

No response required...
Old September 15th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Martin

wrote:
No response required...

It's freshers week again..

...d

Old September 15th 06, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

I think you need first to allow the accused the right to a fair hearing,
and the opportunity to be found 'not guilty' before sentencing him.

Do you think that you can prove the accusation implicit in that assertion?

Do you think that 'twelve good men and true', with no connection with
urc, would be persuaded beyond all reasonable doubt to convict?

Or perhaps you see yourself the self-proclaimed, judge, jury, and
executioner.

--
Matt B
Old September 15th 06, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Martin

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
2 cups apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
1/4 cup shortening
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/4 cup evaporated milk
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9
inch square pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, brown sugar and white
sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir
in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk,
mixing just until incorporated. Stir in the chopped apples.
Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 35
to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the
cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup shortening,
confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until light and creamy.
Beat in the milk, one tablespoon at a time, until desired spreading
consistency is achieved. Spread over top of cooled cake.

Old September 15th 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pinky

wrote in message
No response required...

I just quickly checked my killfile and he appears 5 times under different
addresses (possibly more)
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.
www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old September 15th 06, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

Pinky wrote:
wrote in message
No response required...

I just quickly checked my killfile and he appears 5 times under different
addresses (possibly more)

List all the ones that aren't the (spam-proofed) email address:
".

--
Matt B
Old September 15th 06, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:53:48 GMT, "Pinky"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
No response required...

I just quickly checked my killfile and he appears 5 times under different
addresses (possibly more)
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.
www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Perhaps you would supply them and people could add them to their
killfile en masse.
Old September 15th 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pinky

wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:53:48 GMT, "Pinky"
wrote:

snipsnip
Perhaps you would supply them and people could add them to their
killfile en masse.

Actually I don't think that would be proper for me to do.

This "killfiling", "plonking" is very much a personal thing and I have
learned in the past to do it quietly just for my own reasons. There are
exceptions like "TrollB" who are just out and out bores and nuisances and
need to be exiled publicly -- but by individuals. They can quickly ruin a
NG by their persistent presence. Just have a look at those on the US
rec.bicycle.misc (and some of the others) for some prime examples.

Funnily enough I reviewed my killfile about a month ago and resurrected a
lot of addresses.. It is quite interesting how many of those have resumed
their position back in the graveyard within that month -- across the board
on different NG's

Two weeks to getting my new ICE Q NT ! Roll on. I am getting more excited
than my grandson does at Christmas

Trevor A Panther

Old September 15th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Pinky" wrote in message
. uk...

Funnily enough I reviewed my killfile about a month ago and resurrected a
lot of addresses.. It is quite interesting how many of those have resumed
their position back in the graveyard within that month -- across the
board on different NG's

Am I still in there?

cheers,
clive

Old September 15th 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Martin

Clive George wrote:
"Pinky" wrote in message
. uk...

Funnily enough I reviewed my killfile about a month ago and resurrected a
lot of addresses.. It is quite interesting how many of those have resumed
their position back in the graveyard within that month -- across the
board on different NG's

Am I still in there?

That is as silly a question as "Can you shout out if you can't hear
me?"

...d