Scottish courts agree that cyclists are a nuisance

Old February 26th 14, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Scottish courts agree that cyclists are a nuisance

"the cyclist had gesticulated rudely on being overtaken

the cyclist seemed to “revel” in causing an obstruction, rather than
being mindful of the road."

Sheriff Johnston said: “This is a classic road-rage incident. I accept …
the cyclist did make these rude gestures, which stemmed from some slight
he felt he suffered from the driving, (but) I don’t consider the
evidence sufficient to support a charge of careless driving.

“I am certain that they were both face to face, shouting at each other.”

The sheriff added that the evidence was not sufficient for a “definite
conclusion”.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/loc...roven-1.241292
Old February 26th 14, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam

On 26/02/2014 08:44, Mrcheerful wrote:

"the cyclist had gesticulated rudely on being overtaken

the cyclist seemed to “revel” in causing an obstruction, rather than
being mindful of the road."

Sheriff Johnston said: “This is a classic road-rage incident. I accept …
the cyclist did make these rude gestures, which stemmed from some slight
he felt he suffered from the driving, (but) I don’t consider the
evidence sufficient to support a charge of careless driving.

“I am certain that they were both face to face, shouting at each other.”

The sheriff added that the evidence was not sufficient for a “definite
conclusion”.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/loc...roven-1.241292

So the story is, some people who ride bikes get angry with other road users.

--

Judith
Old February 26th 14, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_4_]

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:44:33 +0000, Mrcheerful wrote:

"the cyclist had gesticulated rudely on being overtaken

the cyclist seemed to “revel” in causing an obstruction, rather than
being mindful of the road."

Sheriff Johnston said: “This is a classic road-rage incident. I accept …
the cyclist did make these rude gestures, which stemmed from some slight
he felt he suffered from the driving, (but) I don’t consider the
evidence sufficient to support a charge of careless driving.

“I am certain that they were both face to face, shouting at each other.”

The sheriff added that the evidence was not sufficient for a “definite
conclusion”.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/loc.../case-against-

kirriemuir-man-accused-of-attacking-cyclist-not-proven-1.241292

I saw nothing in the report that said "Scottish courts agree that
cyclists are a nuisance".

Old February 26th 14, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Graham

On 26/02/2014 09:12, Peter Keller wrote:
[...]

Sssssh! Don't upset him by pointing out facts. Bless!

--

Judith
Old February 26th 14, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave-Cyclists VORT

On 26/02/2014 08:50, Adam wrote:
On 26/02/2014 08:44, Mrcheerful wrote:

"the cyclist had gesticulated rudely on being overtaken

the cyclist seemed to “revel” in causing an obstruction, rather than
being mindful of the road."

Sheriff Johnston said: “This is a classic road-rage incident. I accept …
the cyclist did make these rude gestures, which stemmed from some slight
he felt he suffered from the driving, (but) I don’t consider the
evidence sufficient to support a charge of careless driving.

“I am certain that they were both face to face, shouting at each other.”

The sheriff added that the evidence was not sufficient for a “definite
conclusion”.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/loc...roven-1.241292

So the story is, some people who ride bikes get angry with other road
users.

Shame you have such comprehension difficulties.

The story is about cyclists attitudes.

--
Dave-Cyclists VORT
Motorists pay Ł46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they