Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

Old November 1st 04, 12:15 AM
terminaut

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote:

Thanks. I would like to see it. I am supposed to be back in the area in
Februaury. I would probably try it again if I wasn't alone. I did like
Aliso a lot, though.

I've uploaded the video to:
http://www.fooriders.com/videos/sanjuantrail.wmv

It's pretty big file though... around 240MB. It'd be even bigger if the
camcorder battery didn't give out.

February is a little far out for me to plan, but if you're up for some
hootin' and hollering like banshees let me know as the date approaches.
There are some other trails in that area (I'm sure JD would tell you he's
been riding them since '86) really worth checking out.

The last time someone came to town and I threw a ride together we had a few
people show up:
http://www.fooriders.com/images/rides/DAS/cimg4858.jpg

....speaking of which, I would recommend riding in LA instead of OC if it's
logistically possible for you. I think the varied terrain and views are a
little more interesting there.

Old November 1st 04, 01:35 AM
Slacker

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:15:52 -0800, terminaut =

wrote:

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote:

Thanks. I would like to see it. I am supposed to be back in the are=

a =

in
Februaury. I would probably try it again if I wasn't alone. I did l=

ike
Aliso a lot, though.

I've uploaded the video to:
http://www.fooriders.com/videos/sanjuantrail.wmv

It's pretty big file though... around 240MB. It'd be even bigger if th=

camcorder battery didn't give out.

Woo-Hoo, that sucka was *huge* But worth it. You guys ride very well. Al=
l =

the switchbacks that I have (big) problems with, you guys flow right thr=
u =

them. Good stuff!

Man, I'm feeling a SJT shuttle coming on. After all, I can't just let th=
e =

DH rig sit here in my living-room all winter long :-p

-- =

Slacker
Old November 1st 04, 01:53 AM
Ride-A-Lot

wrote:

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote:

Thanks. I would like to see it. I am supposed to be back in the
area in
Februaury. I would probably try it again if I wasn't alone. I did like
Aliso a lot, though.

I've uploaded the video to:
http://www.fooriders.com/videos/sanjuantrail.wmv

It's pretty big file though... around 240MB. It'd be even bigger if the
camcorder battery didn't give out.

Woo-Hoo, that sucka was *huge* But worth it. You guys ride very well.
All the switchbacks that I have (big) problems with, you guys flow
right thru them. Good stuff!

Man, I'm feeling a SJT shuttle coming on. After all, I can't just let
the DH rig sit here in my living-room all winter long :-p

Shuttle? Oh, come on Slacker! Don't live up to your name. Even
slow-as-molasses little 'ole me rode that bad boy up. I even remember
seeing some of your dual crowny friends huffing their way to the top as
well.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old November 1st 04, 01:55 AM
small change

Cali?

No one who actually lives/has lived there calls it that.

~escapee

Penny

Old November 1st 04, 02:05 AM
Slacker

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:55:09 -0800, small change
wrote:

Cali?

No one who actually lives/has lived there calls it that.

~escapee

Penny

Did we just wake up :-p

--
Slacker
Old November 1st 04, 02:08 AM
Slacker

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:53:44 -0500, Ride-A-Lot =

=

seeing some of your dual crowny friends huffing their way to the top a=

s =

well.

Hey, there's a time and place for everything (except Single Speeds).

And it's now *S H U T T L E* time baby!!!!!

:-)
-- =

Slacker
Old November 1st 04, 02:15 AM
Slacker

wrote:

Shuttle? Oh, come on Slacker! Don't live up to your name. Even =

slow-as-molasses little 'ole me rode that bad boy up.

Wait just a minute... Didn't you only ride half of the way up, or was th=
at =

someone else??

Don't give me that "slow-as-molasses" crap. Anyone who rides as much as =
=

you do, aint that slow. You really need to ride with me to know the true=
=

meaning of that.

I even remember
seeing some of your dual crowny friends huffing their way to the top a=

s =

well.

And my Full-face helmet is off to those DC hill climbing dewds. But with=
=

all due respect, that's what my XC bike is for.

-- =

Slacker
Old November 1st 04, 02:35 AM
Ride-A-Lot

wrote:

Shuttle? Oh, come on Slacker! Don't live up to your name. Even
slow-as-molasses little 'ole me rode that bad boy up.

Wait just a minute... Didn't you only ride half of the way up, or was
that someone else??

I made it to 1/2 mile from the look-out point (forgot what it was
called). I didn't turn around because I was tired, more like I was
scared, very scared that I had to ride that thing back down.

Don't give me that "slow-as-molasses" crap. Anyone who rides as much as
you do, aint that slow. You really need to ride with me to know the
true meaning of that.

I under estimate myself purposely. Then at the end of the ride I can
say... gee, that wasn't so bad. I am actually right smack in the
middle of the fast riders and the slow riders. The result is I am
usually riding alone unless I shoot my wad trying to keep up with the
fast guys, like last night becase there were no slow riders. Then it
hurts, but it's still fun.

I even remember

seeing some of your dual crowny friends huffing their way to the top
as well.

And my Full-face helmet is off to those DC hill climbing dewds. But
with all due respect, that's what my XC bike is for.

I hear ya.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old November 1st 04, 02:54 AM
Slacker

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:35:52 -0500, Ride-A-Lot =

wrote:

Shuttle? Oh, come on Slacker! Don't live up to your name. Even =

slow-as-molasses little 'ole me rode that bad boy up.

Wait just a minute... Didn't you only ride half of the way up, or=

=

was that someone else??

I made it to 1/2 mile from the look-out point (forgot what it was =

called). I didn't turn around because I was tired, more like I was =

scared, very scared that I had to ride that thing back down.

Yeah, I know you're more than capable of doing the whole 11/12 miles up.=
=

But to be honest, I think the upper half is more difficult than the lowe=
r. =

The first half you did is fairly non-technical, albeit all up hill.

The upper section has all the little uphill/downhills, but most are =

technical, rocky,rutted stuff. I actually like the upper half a little =

more, but the whole trail is really a masterpiece.

Don't give me that "slow-as-molasses" crap. Anyone who rides as much=

=

as you do, aint that slow. You really need to ride with me to know t=

he =

true meaning of that.

I under estimate myself purposely. Then at the end of the ride I can =

=

say... gee, that wasn't so bad. I am actually right smack in the=

=

middle of the fast riders and the slow riders. The result is I am =

usually riding alone unless I shoot my wad trying to keep up with the =

=

fast guys, like last night becase there were no slow riders. Then it =

=

hurts, but it's still fun.

Ok, that sounds more like it :-)

--
Slacker
Old November 1st 04, 02:56 AM
Ride-A-Lot

wrote:

Slacker wrote:

Yeah, I know you're more than capable of doing the whole 11/12 miles
up. But to be honest, I think the upper half is more difficult than the
lower. The first half you did is fairly non-technical, albeit all up hill.

The upper section has all the little uphill/downhills, but most are
technical, rocky,rutted stuff. I actually like the upper half a little
more, but the whole trail is really a masterpiece.

Next time the whole ridge! If I can get a few locals to go with me.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws