Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

Old November 2nd 04, 07:46 AM
terminaut

miles toddwrote:

Is there even another way? I haven't gone left at The Rock in over

decade, and can't tink of any good reason to start now.

miles

My ideal loop is to climb to Cocktail Rock, take the right there,
connect to Viejo Tie at the T, veer on to Chiquita. When you exit
Chiquita and get to the Candy Store you can do the Candy Store loop,
then climb to Blue Jay. At this point you can either descend back
down SJT or if you're feeling the madness, take Main Divide over to
Los Pinos and get "back down" that way.

I think Aquaholic likes to go left at the rock so that he can try to
clean the heart-busting climb about a quarter mile or so in.

Old November 2nd 04, 08:06 AM
terminaut

slackwrote:

Never done it, or heard of it for that matter. Sounds very

interesting.....

Any pics?

I haven't had a chance to look for my photos but I found a short video
of a rocky section. As usual, the video doesn't do the trail
justice.

http://www.fooriders.com/videos/rocksection.mpg

A buddy of mine snapped this shot on their Chiquita ride a couple of
weeks ago:

http://tinyurl.com/682m4

Lots of fun stuff on that trail. :-)

Old November 2nd 04, 12:43 PM
Slacker

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 05:51:37 GMT, miles todd wrot=
e:

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:08:09 -0800, Slacker =

wrote:

Hey, there's a time and place for everything (except Single Speeds).

And it's now *S H U T T L E* time baby!!!!!

:-)

Oh, now, don't make me come up there and work you over big-time, Slack=

.. =

You keep talking that way and I might just have to represent the SS =

crowd... the fast downhill SS crowd.

miles

hehehe... bout time you woke up.

-- =

Slacker
Old November 2nd 04, 12:49 PM
Slacker

On 02 Nov 2004 08:06:15 GMT, terminaut =

wrote:

slackwrote:

Never done it, or heard of it for that matter. Sounds very

interesting.....

Any pics?

I haven't had a chance to look for my photos but I found a short video=

of a rocky section. As usual, the video doesn't do the trail
justice.

http://www.fooriders.com/videos/rocksection.mpg

That looks good and rocky... I really like it, but are you guys going so=
=

slow :-p

-- =

Slacker
Old November 2nd 04, 04:51 PM
terminaut

slackwrote:

That looks good and rocky... I really like it, but are you guys

going so
slow :-p

Heheh. Yeah, I need to get some faster-riding friends. ;-) These guys
seem to never shut up and ride. Heck, look what some of them were
doing recently! Oh the humanity...

http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1100

I found another clip of Chiquita, but Stu (from Team Turner) makes all
the tricky stuff look deceiving simple. If you're not on a
singlespeed, prepare to lose a derailleur on that trail!

http://www.fooriders.com/videos/chiquitatech.wmv

Old November 3rd 04, 12:49 AM
miles todd

On 02 Nov 2004 07:46:29 GMT, terminaut
wrote:

miles toddwrote:

Is there even another way? I haven't gone left at The Rock in over

decade, and can't tink of any good reason to start now.

miles

My ideal loop is to climb to Cocktail Rock, take the right there,
connect to Viejo Tie at the T, veer on to Chiquita. When you exit
Chiquita and get to the Candy Store you can do the Candy Store loop,
then climb to Blue Jay. At this point you can either descend back
down SJT or if you're feeling the madness, take Main Divide over to
Los Pinos and get "back down" that way.

I think Aquaholic likes to go left at the rock so that he can try to
clean the heart-busting climb about a quarter mile or so in.

Aqua has never gone to the right as far as I know.m I believe that nobody
has ever shown him the goods.

My loop starts the same as yours, but I make a left on Chiquita, and up to
Blue Jay. Turn around, and head back down. On the downhill run I skip
Chiquita/Viejo (because , I'll admit, too much pushing the bike) and just
cruise back on Old SJT to the Rock, then down.

I rode (well, the downhills, anyway) Los Pinoses once. I can't say that I
am in any hurry to go back, but I tell everybody I know that hasn't yet
ridden it that it absolutely rules. Once you get past the first climb, I
tell them, a fantastic, fun trail awaits.

Someday somebody will bite, and give it a try. Some day.

miles

Old November 3rd 04, 01:36 AM
JD

"terminaut" wrote in message .. .
"JD" wrote:

Such a whore to money... That's really the problem with society today.
Stick
to your principals and you will be better for it.

That's funny because unless I'm mistaken, *you* first mentioned a
wager, not me. Again, your spins are dizzying.

I'm just amazed that you still got hooked despite my posting that "I was
trolling".

The old "I was trolling you" bit. How unoriginal.

And... next time you're enjoying your ride on local trails in the
Clevelands (such as Holy Jim, Trabuco, Bell Ridge, etc.) these exact
same riders are the ones working to keep those trails opened and
maintained so you can have your "experience".

I was riding those trails long before the most of hordes that are
there now.

Weekends were even a quiet and lonely place up there in1986.

It's still quiet and lonely for probably a hundred miles of trails, you
dolt. But hey - what do I know compared to the notorious JD who's been
riding since '86.

Namecalling isn't very becoming of you either.

How come I never met you up there back then?

Could it be because you really weren't on those trails back then? Where does
Bell Ridge start, for instance?

You have no idea of what I was doing in 1986, nor does anyone who
posts on am-b. However, there are those who do know and have ridden
with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

Ooooh... The ol' "I've been doing this before Jesus so I'm better than
you"
reasoning. If what you say is true then the guys who worked on Bell Ridge
would be duely impressed.

I don't really care who might be impressed by whatever. I asked you
what you were doing in 1986 and you came up with yet another spin.

Me, I was still racing BMX, which is the truth.

wow...cool

You, on the other hand, seem to be outright lying.

Things are not always as they seem, are they?

It's easy enough to make blatant claims with your keyboard and play armchair
hard-ass.

It would seem that you and your friends are the loudmouthed ones,
especially in that video.

The fact is, I and "my crowd" have ridden and helped work on more
trails in the local mountains than you could possibly imagine with your
feeble fairy tales of days gone by. Wanna see who some of us are? Turn to
page 87 in the Fat Tire book. Awards? How about the Forest Service's Trail
Advocate Award for Superior Volunteers Services.

You toot your horn so well. Toot away!

It's humorous how you talk like you're big **** because you've been riding
in 1986. Wow, way to go freak! I don't suppose you helped Gary Fisher invent
the mountain bike?

Your twists and turns sure are funny. Spin away, little ballerina.

Tell me... So you must have also ridden the network of trails in
Silverado
Canyon as well?

As far as me "making stuff up on the internet", believe
what you wish.

Yes - the truth is plainly visible with your dodge. Any local that has been
riding our mountains for 2 decades would be able to spew dozens of
[lesser-known] trail names besides the ones that I've brought attention to.
As it is, you seem all-too-excited just to ride something like Holy Jim
which is a mainstream trail that we hold races on for God's sake.

I drive a Ford, not a Dodge. You have no idea what I have or have not
ridden in SoCal. Keep flailing away though, it's really funny.

JD
Old November 3rd 04, 01:39 AM
JD

"terminaut" wrote in message .. .
Here's a proposal. Put a truce in place and let's ride Tunnel together when
you have an opportunity. I will video the experience and we'll see just
exactly how different or similar we are when the video is played back. Bring
your rigid singlespeed and I will do the same.

Let's go back to my original post in this thread where I indicated
that I would not ride with a bunch of loudmouths, shall we?

JD
Old November 3rd 04, 01:44 AM
JD

"terminaut" wrote in message .. .
"JD" wrote:
I guess that anyone who doesn't care to keep their bicycle on a trail
would think that way:
http://www.spokejunkies.com/boardima...esthetrail.jpg

Wow - you got me! Why don't _you_ tell me where you think the trail is or
ought to be?

snip

The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen in that
photo, so it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual is
being.

BTW, theft of the image

snip

So, sue me. Since you think you know so much about me, it shouldn't
be that difficult for you.

JD