Converting Brake mounting bolt to recessed bolt?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 21st 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Converting Brake mounting bolt to recessed bolt?

Hi there.

I have a pair of old Shimano N-600 single pivot brakes I want to put
on my repainted MIELE Uno. These brakes are the nutted type and I want
to use recessed nuts on them. Is there any reason I can't just use a
die to cut more thread on the existing bolt and then cut off the bolyt
shorter for the recessed bolts? Does anyone know what die threading
I'd need for these threads?

Thanks again from Peter