Turkey-day ride announcement

Old November 30th 04, 06:46 PM
Denver C. Fox

I will meet you somewhere between Boulder and Parker in January and we will
ride together in beautiful 60F temperature!

I will be just a bit slower, as I have been fighting atrial fibrillation since
September, and a reduced heart output of 20-30% does slow one down!

.Chuck Anderson wrote: don't bother (or haven't had to, anyway ... not in the

last decade of
warm, dry winters we've had in the CO front range This winter may prove
different.)

http://members.aol.com/dnvrfox
(Family Web Page)

Old December 1st 04, 04:42 PM
Denver C. Fox

I am doing pretty well. Have had two unsuccessful cardioversions, where they
put you to sleep and shock your heart back into proper rhythm. Am on very
straon medicine for arrythmia right ow, to be followed by one more CV attempt.

There are some closed heart ablation treatments by RF catheter or, lately,
cryogenic to slow the heart down (still in trial, and no one in Colorado knows
how to do the cryo yet.) Both have risks..

However, still riding and exercising. As heart rhythm is not consistent,
impossible to use HRM for training!

Am on 6 meds per day to slow heart, lower BP, etc. Have also lost 12 pounds
last 4 weeks - on purpose.

Thanks for the concern.

But, things could be a lot worse.