Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Old October 5th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Default Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Great job Claude!

How did your joints and muscles feel afterwards?

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
Old October 5th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munimag

I felt great. No joint or muscle soreness or pain. The only
discomfort I had at times was saddle soreness. The worst was around 40
miles. I had my doubts about whether I could make it another 60 miles
but I kept going and started taking more frequent breaks (about every 10
miles) which helped a lot.

--
munimag
Old October 5th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unijuul

I wonder how many on the list has completed more than one 100 mile ride?

--
unijuul

www.unijuul.com
Old October 5th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joseppi

I'll be going for century number 2 next RAGBRAI. Until then.....I'm in
no hurry to try it again

--
Joseppi

'Team Freestyle' (http://silentaftermath.com/)

'Team Roadshow' (http://teamroadshow.com/)
Old October 6th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

unijuul;1107714 wrote:
I wonder how many on the list has completed more than one 100 mile ride?

Bruce Dawson has, and I guess technically you could say Lars, Ken, and
Sam all have, since they each did more than 200 miles in their 24 hour
records.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
Old October 6th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

munimag;1107657 wrote:
I rode 100 miles yesterday on my ungeared Nimbus 36 in the Seagull
Century in Maryland. There were 6,400 bikes registered for the event.
I was the only unicyclist. The roads were great and it was a lot of
fun. I finished in 11 hours with a total riding time of 7:36 hours.
For the first 17 miles my average speed was 15.0 mph. Age 49 and 11
months. Oldest?

Steveyo - I met a bike rider who says he used to play a lot of ultimate
with you. Sorry I forget his name.

First, congratulations for making the distance. And, may I just say,
the first 17 miles at 15mph - that's sick, dude. One of these days, I
hope to join this list.

Second - the ultimate player/biker was Ed Tignor, a good friend who
just emailed me about meeting you, Claude! This guy, right?

|Filename: Tig.jpg |

steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old October 6th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munimag

Steveyo - yes, thanks for the follow up. He was a nice guy. I met so
many people I just couldn't remember all their names.

--
munimag
Old October 11th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JLo

Hello,

I did it today. I rode 165km.
Total time 9h 10min.
Average speed: 21.2km/h

Peter Bier
David Stone
Roger Davies
Alan Chambers
Steve Colligan
Mark Wiggins
Takayuki Koike (record holder 6hrs44min)
Lars Clausen
Ken Looi
Floyd Beattie
Johnnie Severin
Cathy Fox
Bruce Dawson
Jack Hughes
Dan Heaton
Scot Cooper
Sam Wakeling
Chuck Edwall
Joe Marshall
John Himsworth
Gracie Sorbello
Rowan Chivers
Tony Melton
Tim Lee
Joe Lind
Rob Muellerleile
Irene Genelin
Beau Hoover
Nathan Hoover
Mike Scalisi
Ryan Woessner
Řivind Johansen
Kjetil Juul Pedersen
James Amon
Leif Rustvold
Max Taint
Mark Osmundo
Mike Tierney
Joseph Sherman
Roland Kays
Claude Magnuson
Jan Logemann

--
JLo

Sponsor:'POINT RACING TEAM' (http://www.pointbike.de)

'Einradhockeyliga' (http://www.einradhockeyliga.de)
Old November 24th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

tomblackwood;1108024 wrote:
Bruce Dawson has, and I guess technically you could say Lars, Ken, and
Sam all have, since they each did more than 200 miles in their 24 hour
records.

You can add me to that start of a list, adding yesterday's El Tour de
Tucson to last May's Reach The Beach. In yesterday's I actually managed
111:11:1 with a 100:10:1 on the way.

--
boisei
Old November 24th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
constance.cotter

Another one for the list. Paul Stacey not only did the 100 miles, but
went for the 100-10-1 challenge. Paul is a UK unicyclist from the
northeast who goes on occasional distance rides. A few months ago, I
mentioned the 100-10-1 in passing to Paul and he decided to make it a
personal challenge. Before his ride, his longest ride was 50 miles, but
this was 2 years ago!

Completed on 12 November. Started at 5:45am (and the sun came up at
about 7:30). Only a few short breaks during the route. Finished in 9
hours 30 minutes. Paul went for this completely in the spirit of the
100-10-1. On the night before he decided to go for it and picked his
route and planned his food. He didn't tell anybody he was going for it
until he had done 67 miles.

The route:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2410187

(Just barely made the full 100 miles - Paul was challenged by his
speedometer resetting itself after 20 miles!)

The updated list:
boisei --- what is your real name?
Paul Stacey

--