Shaved tires

Old January 6th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
WHampson

Default Shaved tires

I'm wondering what the pros and cons are of shaved tires and if you can
buy them or if you have to shave them yourself.

--
WHampson

ALRIGHT!!!
Old January 6th 09, 01:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Pros:

Very smooth feel
Great for flat and street

Cons:

Bad for trials
May wear-out faster

You will have to shave them yourself.

--
hungry4uni

ŤŔϊãĻş

ЦИΪĈҰĆĻέ
my sponsor'
SixSixOne' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
Old January 6th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uninorcal

shaved tires are pretty sick. I want to shave my tire.

--
uninorcal

"Don't judge me monkey"

Cheers Mate
Old January 6th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

'Here's' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63745) a
thread on the subject. It may be of some use to you.

Cheers!

--
Biggestbtc

~Benjamin
Unicycle For Christ

Old January 6th 09, 09:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

biggestbtc;1165065 wrote:
'here's' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63745) a
thread on the subject. It may be of some use to you.

Cheers!

--
UnicycleJuggler

'*Unicycle
Vids On
Vimeo*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/groups/uni)
Old January 6th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

Has anyone tried taking the tread from a 20" freestyle and gluing it to
the carcass of a 19" tire?

You won't have the weight savings of a regular shaved tire but it would
last much longer. When/if I get my uni with the shaved Luna back I might
try this.

--
saskatchewanian
Old January 6th 09, 10:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fraggle

saskatchewanian;1165688 wrote:
Has anyone tried taking the tread from a 20" freestyle and gluing it to
the carcass of a 19" tire?

You won't have the weight savings of a regular shaved tire but it would
last much longer. When/if I get my uni with the shaved Luna back I might
try this.

Might have a mess about in a minute, I have 2 shaved 19" tyres, and a
20" KHE Premium Mac 2 that'd look cool on one.

--
Fraggle

F.
Old January 6th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

When I took the tread of a tire to put on my homemade tire casing I
discovered you can just peel the rubber from the casing once you are
started.

I started trying to skin it like you would when filleting a fish but
peeling worked way better.

--
saskatchewanian
Old January 6th 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fraggle

I figured that before I get into it, I'd try to fit the 20" KHE tyre
over the shaved CC. It looks like the CC is a slightly larger OD than
the KHE, the CC is tight inside the KHE yet the CC overlaps itself by an
inch or two. The KHE Mac2 is about 20x2.2", I don't think there are any
larger freestyle tyres about. I don't know if any other 19" tyres have a
slightly smaller OD than than CC does, if any do then they could be
worth a try.

--
Fraggle

F.
Old January 7th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
WHampson

so do you think it would be a good thing to shave my tire once it gets
pretty worn out?

--
WHampson

ALRIGHT!!!