QC defends filtering by cyclists.

Old January 8th 10, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default QC defends filtering by cyclists.

Good riposte to a lorry driver who complained about cyclists passing him on
his *rhs* while he was stationary in traffic, including one by a Queen's
Counsel.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2112/001wju.jpg

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old January 8th 10, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Simon Mason wrote:
Good riposte to a lorry driver who complained about cyclists passing him
on his *rhs* while he was stationary in traffic, including one by a
Queen's Counsel.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2112/001wju.jpg

In other news, it's declared lawful to light a vehicle at night and to
maintain it in roadworthy condition.
Old January 8th 10, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"JNugent" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:
Good riposte to a lorry driver who complained about cyclists passing him
on his *rhs* while he was stationary in traffic, including one by a
Queen's Counsel.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2112/001wju.jpg

In other news, it's declared lawful to light a vehicle at night and to
maintain it in roadworthy condition.

Good to see the Metropolitan police getting involved by making videos
showing how cyclists should safely pass stationary traffic as well.

Old January 8th 10, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 11:04:32 -0000
"Simon Mason" wrote:

Good riposte to a lorry driver who complained about cyclists passing
him on his *rhs* while he was stationary in traffic, including one by
a Queen's Counsel.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2112/001wju.jpg

I'm not sure that publishing it in Cycling Weekly is going to get the
message across where it's really needed though.

Old January 8th 10, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 8 Jan, 13:35, Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 11:04:32 -0000

"Simon Mason" wrote:
Good riposte to a lorry driver who complained about cyclists passing
him on his *rhs* while he was stationary in traffic, including one by
a Queen's Counsel.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2112/001wju.jpg

I'm not sure that publishing it in Cycling Weekly is going to get the
message across where it's really needed though.

Well, most of the people who don't agree with cyclists filtering seem
to crop up on this NG, so I am doing my bit!

--
Simon Mason

Old January 8th 10, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

"Simon Mason" wrote:
Good riposte to a lorry driver who complained about cyclists passing
him on his *rhs* while he was stationary in traffic, including one by
a Queen's Counsel.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2112/001wju.jpg

I'm not sure that publishing it in Cycling Weekly is going to get the
message across where it's really needed though.

Well, most of the people who don't agree with cyclists filtering seem
to crop up on this NG, so I am doing my bit!

Ah yes - one of the cyclists favourite terms : "filtering".

I didn't actually see the word filtering in the article - are you
saying that when a cyclists says I was filtering - they mean that they
were overtaking on the RHS?

I see that he also mentions "the recommended primary position for
cycling on the road" - recommended by cyclists is what he means.

--

"Primary position" the middle of a traffic lane. To take the "primary position" : to ride a bike in the middle of the lane in order to obstruct other road vehicles from overtaking.

A term invented by and used by psycholists and not recognised in the Highway Code.

Highway Code Rule 168 : "Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass."

Old January 8th 10, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Simon Mason" wrote:
Good riposte to a lorry driver who complained about cyclists passing
him on his *rhs* while he was stationary in traffic, including one by
a Queen's Counsel.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2112/001wju.jpg

I'm not sure that publishing it in Cycling Weekly is going to get the
message across where it's really needed though.

Well, most of the people who don't agree with cyclists filtering seem
to crop up on this NG, so I am doing my bit!

Ah yes - one of the cyclists favourite terms : "filtering".

I didn't actually see the word filtering in the article - are you
saying that when a cyclists says I was filtering - they mean that they
were overtaking on the RHS?

Yes and sometimes on the inside if there is a cycle there.

I see that he also mentions "the recommended primary position for
cycling on the road" - recommended by cyclists is what he means.

Well, he *is* a QC and thus an expert in law.

--
Simon Mason

Old January 9th 10, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 8 Jan, 17:40, Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:06:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:
*On 8 Jan, 17:04, Judith Smith wrote:

I see that he also mentions "the recommended primary position for
cycling on the road" - recommended by cyclists is what he means.

*Well, he *is* a QC and thus an expert in law.

Perhaps she thinks it's perfectly reasonable to ignore any guidance on
a particular mode of transport if that guidance is produced by
someone or some organisation who uses the transport. *

Thankfully, the people who really matter, like law experts and the
police, hold sway and not the nutjobs who post on here.

--
Simon Mason

Velonews defends the pursuit - and I god damn agree 100% Anton Berlin Racing 39 November 24th 09 04:15 AM
Vaughters defends... Nobody Racing 4 August 17th 09 02:03 PM
SPAM Canadian Mountain Biker Defends His Illegal trail-Building fEkLaaar Social Issues 0 October 28th 06 12:53 AM
TdF: Spoiler: Jens Defends his jersey Simon Brooke UK 18 July 12th 05 11:36 PM