Pretty Marginal Road

Old January 28th 06, 06:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Pretty Marginal Road

Greetings,
Drove the car out of Melbourne north-east on a very hazy morning
(fog or bushfire smoke?) to Toolangi, and went for a dirt bash on
Spraggs Rd, then Marginal Road, return to Toolangi via the Melba Hwy.
One downpour, no sign of fires, pretty tough stuff, went splat at one
point when front wheel locked up in a film of thin, slippery mud.
Saw a few trail bikes, and some moron in a 4WD trying to negotiate an
impossibly steep hill-climb. A real 4WD at least and not a suburban ******.
Had lunch in Toolangi and drove home in pouring rain, a contrast to
recent Melbourne weather. The bike lost a good part of its brake-blocks,
I will clean the mud off when it dries tomorrow, at the moment a sorry
sight. About 40 km covered. I'm glad I didn't go away for the weekend.
Cheers,
Ray.