{Vic} Amy's Ride - Victoria, 6th January 2007

Old November 8th 06, 04:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

Default {Vic} Amy's Ride - Victoria, 6th January 2007

Amy's Ride is on again for 2007, and rooman casually mentioned something
about doing the 120km option. I reckon I'll be in that with a more
disciplined training approach. (hahahahahaha)

Anyway, from memory most of the route out towards Bellarine was
reasonable flat-ish with only one major "undulation". Futher details on
the AGF website.

Early entires can win something that looks like a grownup version of a
Topeak Bikamper Tent.

http://www.amygillett.org.au/index.php/amy_s_ride_2007

--
cfsmtb

Old November 8th 06, 05:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ghostgum

cfsmtb Wrote:
Amy's Ride is on again for 2007, and rooman casually mentioned something
about doing the 120km option. I reckon I'll be in that with a more
disciplined training approach. (hahahahahaha)

Anyway, from memory most of the route out towards Bellarine was
reasonable flat-ish with only one major "undulation". Futher details on
the AGF website.

Early entires can win something that looks like a grownup version of a
Topeak Bikamper Tent.

http://www.amygillett.org.au/index.php/amy_s_ride_2007

I'll probably do the 40km ride with my son on the tag-a-long. The
extra weight makes if feel like twice that distance.

--
ghostgum

Old November 8th 06, 07:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

ghostgum Wrote:
I'll probably do the 40km ride with my son on the tag-a-long. The extra
weight makes if feel like twice that distance.

Did you have that on the Aeolian Ride?

--
cfsmtb

Old November 8th 06, 08:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ghostgum

cfsmtb Wrote:
Did you have that on the Aeolian Ride?

Yes, I was trying to video and take still photos while riding the MTB
with my son on the tag-a-long. Actually, I didn't try to do both at
the same time - that would have been suicidal. But I did keep riding
past the Aeolian riders then, stopping, then attempting to video them
going past.

--
ghostgum

Old November 8th 06, 09:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
spoken4

ghostgum wrote:
cfsmtb Wrote:
Did you have that on the Aeolian Ride?

Yes, I was trying to video and take still photos while riding the MTB
with my son on the tag-a-long. Actually, I didn't try to do both at
the same time - that would have been suicidal. But I did keep riding
past the Aeolian riders then, stopping, then attempting to video them
going past.

I did the bay ride (40km) with daughter in tow on the tag-a-long.
Amy's ride is *my* ride - 120km on the roadie
Old November 9th 06, 03:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

spoken4 Wrote:

I did the bay ride (40km) with daughter in tow on the tag-a-long.
Amy's ride is *my* ride - 120km on the roadie

Idly considering sloppily putting a team (of sorts) together for the
Geelong 120km. Idly considering nicking Team LA's slogan (or was it a
random BNE ride?)

Slow. Proud. Not matchfit. Join us.

--
cfsmtb

Old November 9th 06, 10:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
spoken4

cfsmtb wrote:
spoken4 Wrote:
I did the bay ride (40km) with daughter in tow on the tag-a-long.
Amy's ride is *my* ride - 120km on the roadie

Idly considering sloppily putting a team (of sorts) together for the
Geelong 120km. Idly considering nicking Team LA's slogan (or was it a
random BNE ride?)

Slow. Proud. Not matchfit. Join us.

Sounds good. I'm pretty certain I have a couple of others riding but not
confirmed.
Old November 9th 06, 01:04 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

spoken4 Wrote:

Sounds good. I'm pretty certain I have a couple of others riding but
not
confirmed.

With just under two months to go we can organise a few things, last
year we got shared transport, accommodation & few other things sussed
out. Maybe a "coffee cart" or a nearby *bike friendly cafe*? Know
*just* the place, shall fire off a email/phone call soon.

--
cfsmtb

Old November 17th 06, 05:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

heres a bump for the southern contingent too

--
asterope

Old November 18th 06, 03:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

asterope Wrote:
heres a bump for the southern contingent too

How kind of you.

--
cfsmtb

January 2007 Andre Racing 0 August 6th 06 02:50 AM
Amy's ride cfsmtb Australia 38 January 15th 06 03:49 AM
Amy's ride SuzieB Australia 5 January 8th 06 12:06 PM
Amy's ride SEGFTG Australia 0 January 7th 06 11:05 PM
[VIC] Amy's Ride craigster_jd Australia 8 October 11th 05 09:51 AM