Todays photos from the French Alps - Col du Lautaret

Old April 23rd 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Todays photos from the French Alps - Col du Lautaret

Hi all,

My first ride in the high Alps in 2007, with an early morning cycle to
the 2058 metre Col du Lautaret. The Col du Galibier is still closed
and the road hasn't been cleared yet, but looking at the amount of
snow after a mild winter, the Cols below 2000 metres should be open
sooner rather than later this year.

http://www.grenoblecycling.com/galle...s.php?album=92

Cheers, Russell
www.grenoblecycling.com

Old April 23rd 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
bjorn

On Apr 23, 12:33 pm, wrote:
Hi all,

My first ride in the high Alps in 2007, with an early morning cycle to
the 2058 metre Col du Lautaret. The Col du Galibier is still closed
and the road hasn't been cleared yet, but looking at the amount of
snow after a mild winter, the Cols below 2000 metres should be open
sooner rather than later this year.

http://www.grenoblecycling.com/galle...s.php?album=92

Cheers, Russellwww.grenoblecycling.com

Wow, awesome - I am jealous. But how did you cope with the
traffic???

bjorn

Old April 24th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tim McNamara

In article . com,
wrote:

Hi all,

My first ride in the high Alps in 2007, with an early morning cycle to
the 2058 metre Col du Lautaret. The Col du Galibier is still closed
and the road hasn't been cleared yet, but looking at the amount of
snow after a mild winter, the Cols below 2000 metres should be open
sooner rather than later this year.

http://www.grenoblecycling.com/galle...s.php?album=92

Wow. Lac du Chambon is unbelievably low compared to when I was there in
2002. My understanding is that there is a submerged village that was
inundated by the dam, from the looks of it part of it may be visible.
That's amazing- I had heard that the snowfall in the Alps was scanty
this winter, but wow! I wonder what it will look like in midsummer.
Old April 24th 07, 07:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Kenny

On Apr 24, 3:33 am, wrote:
Hi all,

My first ride in the high Alps in 2007, with an early morning cycle to
the 2058 metre Col du Lautaret. The Col du Galibier is still closed
and the road hasn't been cleared yet, but looking at the amount of
snow after a mild winter, the Cols below 2000 metres should be open
sooner rather than later this year.

http://www.grenoblecycling.com/galle...s.php?album=92

Cheers, Russellwww.grenoblecycling.com

Wow, great photos. Do you have a ride report? I'd like to borrow some
of your ideas for a planned trip to France.