No helmet required for me anymore

Old December 31st 10, 05:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
andyjennings

Default No helmet required for me anymore

Yes. The idea that because other places don't require helmets that this must be a wise choice is a bit strange. Australia has been a world leader in this sort of thing for a long time. The article is an apology for questioning the wisdom of compulsory helmet wearing.

Personally, I don't mind if people refuse to wear helmets. I don't mind if they smoke, or lay on train tracks. Just as long as they restrict their choices to themselves and refrain from offering advice to others.

Disclaimer: I'm totally biased on this topic having had a near-death experience of my head hitting the road while riding a bicycle long before helmets were ever thought of.
Old December 31st 10, 09:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 31/12/2010 4:59 PM, andyjennings wrote:
Yes. The idea that because other places don't require helmets that this must be a wise choice is a bit strange. Australia has been a world leader in this sort of thing for a long time. The article is an apology for questioning the wisdom of compulsory helmet wearing.

Personally, I don't mind if people refuse to wear helmets. I don't mind if they smoke, or lay on train tracks. Just as long as they restrict their choices to themselves and refrain from offering advice to others.

Disclaimer: I'm totally biased on this topic having had a near-death experience of my head hitting the road while riding a bicycle long before helmets were ever thought of.

Now we can't buy any fireworks except in the NT

No helmet required for me anymore RFC Australia 23 January 6th 11 04:46 AM
WHY IS NO-ONE POSTING ANYMORE Nuxx Bar UK 4 June 17th 09 09:23 AM
Not Listening Anymore CyclePro Racing 0 May 22nd 05 01:00 PM
"Helmet Required" sign??? Zilla Mountain Biking 46 March 21st 05 11:27 AM
Is this NG not moderated anymore? Per Elmsäter Off Road 6 May 11th 04 10:10 PM