Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 29th 18, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 19:42:46 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 01:08:22 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 00:22:16 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 03:17:02 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/27/2018 06:24 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I listened to a few alternatives before I posted the original. I
hated
them all. Too strong an American accent and just didn't sound
right.

You're probably not ready for the guy who wrote the song then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMuQTN7Xo4w

Not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F15thKUEECQ

That's the PHucker's theme song.

What have you got against cannabis?

Nothing, but it likely gives you lung cancer like tobacco does. Cant
be good for your lungs to breath any burning stuff in deliberately.

It's been proven to CURE cancer.

BULL****.

It's been proven to be much better for you than alcohol.

BULL****.

https://www.green-flower.com/article...ts-of-cannabis

Just because some fool claims something...

You wont be able to cite even a single peer reviewed medical journal that
produced any proper double blind trial that proves anything like that.

No, because that **** is censored by the government.

It's a PLANT. A naturally occurring plant.
Old September 29th 18, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 19:40:05 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news

news On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 15:29:04 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/26/2018 07:05 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 04:20:42 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/25/2018 09:25 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
We just changed recently. Annoyingly they also changed one of the
coins, so they're slightly bigger and no longer fit in any machines
until they're all changed over at the shop's expense. Clueless
Royal
Mint, they do that every 5 years.

At least you don't have Loonies...

Who?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loonie

We do in fact have both a gold colored $1 and $2 coins and they work
fine
except for the terminal stupidity that the $1 coin is bigger than the
$2
coin.
And the 50c coin is bigger again, but is silver colored and not gold
colored.

And we don't have 1c and 2c coins anymore, the lowest value is 5c.

I misspoke. I was thinking of the toonie..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonie

I don't know if it was just an urban legend but there was talk that the
manufacturing process wasn't ironed out for the first runs and the core
would fall out leaving you with a $2 washer.

I liked going to Canada. In the '90s the exchange rate was unfavorable
to the Canadians and they used different colors for their paper money
with bears, penguins, or whatever in the designs. For $100 you got a
wad
of multicolored Canadian bills. It was like Monopoly money.

What screwed me up was liters for gasoline. Between the exchange rate
and trying to do liters to gallons in my head I always assumed I was
getting screwed at the pump where the former Imperial gallons seemed
like a bargain.

Our Aldi supermarkets, being a German company, like to make everything
metric, hence they sell litres of milk instead of the pints I get
everywhere else,

Ours are all metric, and that's the law.

I forgot something else annoying they do. Every other supermarket sells
10kg bags of cat litter. Yet Aldi sells 8 litre bags. LITRES? For a
powder? You gotta be kidding me.

Yeah, that is weird, but likely due to the rather odd way
they source stuff like that, presumably the cheapest
supplier they can find who happens to do it that weirdly.

Since it works out more expensive than Asda (they're slightly lighter but the same price), they're not doing very well at sourcing the cheapest.

The dishwasher pellets are made in Luxembourg of all places.
God knows why its cheapest to move it all the way from there.

I could understand the UK ones coming from there, but shipping those all the way to Australia?!
Old September 29th 18, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_2_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Ozzietard Alert!

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 04:40:05 +1000, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Yeah, that is weird,

What could be weirder than you two congenital idiots engaging in one of your
retarded "conversations"! LOL

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Old September 29th 18, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_2_]

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 04:42:46 +1000, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Just because some fool claims something...

That would be YOU, in every single on of your retarded posts, senile cretin!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Old September 29th 18, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 5:50:14 PM UTC+1, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 9/27/2018 11:49 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 17:39:50 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 9/8/2018 5:51 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed, etc.Â* So you *******s aren't green at all.

Only things bike riders overtake are pedestrians.

p.s.Â* Real men don't ride bicycles, which are for sissies and kids.

Indeed.

Thank you for backing my six.

Are you ever going to thank us for saving your commie asses in WWII?
You would be speaking Japanese if it wasn't for us.

Old September 29th 18, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 21:18:00 +0100, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 5:50:14 PM UTC+1, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 9/27/2018 11:49 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 17:39:50 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 9/8/2018 5:51 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
When a cyclist uses a busy road, he slows down all the cars, making them less efficient, using a lower gear, overtaking, changing speed, etc. So you *******s aren't green at all.

Only things bike riders overtake are pedestrians.

p.s. Real men don't ride bicycles, which are for sissies and kids.

Indeed.

Thank you for backing my six.

Are you ever going to thank us for saving your commie asses in WWII?
You would be speaking Japanese if it wasn't for us.

More likely German.
Old September 29th 18, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Do your lawmakers have nothing more sensible to do?

They do them all.

What? I asked why your lawmakers don't do more sensible things, other than making everything metric, which nobody gives a **** about.

it makes price comparisons annoyingly difficult. They also do weird
**** like putting the prices above the shelf instead of on it, I'm
always looking at the price for the wrong thing.

They don't do that here.

In every supermarket but Aldi here, the price is on the shelf which the
item is sitting on. In Aldi however, it's on the shelf above, or for the
top shelf, way above it on a vertical bit.

Like I said, Aldi does it the same way all the other supermarkets do it
here.

They do however have a nice tactic of speeding things up by letting you
just put one of everything on the conveyor belt, then telling them how
many you have left in the trolley. Sometimes I guess you might feel the
need to er.... tell them the wrong number :-)

Ours counts them even when you tell them.

Try filling your trolley to the brim, they can't see them all then :-)

I did that at one time, they required them to
all be on the belt so they could count them.

They did that to me a few times, then stopped again, it was slowing down the queue. It seems they'd rather take the risk of some cheats than have everyone take longer to get through the checkout and employ more staff.

Our old silver dollars were large. The latest attempts to float out a
dollar coin have been barely distinguishable from a quarter (25 cent
piece). They never have taken off.

You currently have no dollar coin?!

Yes they do. But for some reason most don't use it presumably because
they didn't crap all the paper $1 notes when they introduced it. Its now
not even minted for general currency use, just for collectors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar...(United_States)

$1 US is worth even less than £1. Our £1 notes fell to bits through
overuse, I dread to think what theirs look like.

That comes down to how soon they pulp them, not how much use they get.

But they can only pulp them when they are handed in to a bank.
Old September 29th 18, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 03:54:27 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/26/2018 03:45 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
That comes down to how soon they pulp them, not how much use they get.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/...aper-money.htm

They figure 5.8 years for $1s. I'm surprised that $10s are lower. The
ATMs dispense $20s so I seldom have a $10 very long. Maybe that's what
keeps them in play.

I guess $1 changes hands more often, not sure of the reason why.
Old September 29th 18, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 14:58:14 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/26/2018 09:02 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
One of the chain self checkouts used to just
dispense $20s here and I used that for that
reason instead of an ATM but they have
changed those now and they don't let you
specify what you want, it works that out
for you so you can still get $20s by specifying
you want $40, but you get $50s if you say
you want $50 or $100 etc. That chain has
now closed their store in my town now so
I have to use the other self checkouts.

I'll have to pay more attention the next time. I think you can specify a
number but the selection menu is in $20 increments. The max on the menu
is $200, or sometimes $100 at the smaller kiosks in markets.

I've got the feeling if you said you wanted $57 the machine would make
impolite remarks.

ROTFPMSL!

Maybe not, since the self service checkouts can make
change with smaller bills. I never thought about it. I just grab $200
and go.

Old September 29th 18, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 20:04:31 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/26/2018 09:02 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
One of the chain self checkouts used to just
dispense $20s here and I used that for that
reason instead of an ATM but they have
changed those now and they don't let you
specify what you want, it works that out
for you so you can still get $20s by specifying
you want $40, but you get $50s if you say
you want $50 or $100 etc. That chain has
now closed their store in my town now so
I have to use the other self checkouts.

I'll have to pay more attention the next time. I think you can specify a
number but the selection menu is in $20 increments. The max on the menu is
$200, or sometimes $100 at the smaller kiosks in markets.

I've got the feeling if you said you wanted $57 the machine would make
impolite remarks. Maybe not, since the self service checkouts can make
change with smaller bills. I never thought about it. I just grab $200 and
go.

Yeah, I'm about to try them all now because I have always
preferred to have $20 notes for the garage/yard sales. $50s
can be a real hassle, particularly given that we show up
at the garage/yard sales before anyone else and hardly
any ensure that they have lots of change. I prefer to use
the self checkouts rather than ATMs just because you
don't normally have to queue for the self checkouts
and there is no chance of a skimmer on the self checkout.

You must have a lot of criminals over there.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 10:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 08:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 17th 07 11:30 PM