Buying in Germany

Old March 21st 04, 09:23 PM
GreyFx2

Default Buying in Germany

I will be spending 3 weeks in Germany starting mid-July and am interested in
checking out 2 possiblities (in addition to the possibility of taking my bike):
1) Buying used and possibly reselling (with help of daughter living in
Germany), or 2) Buying new and bringing bike home to US.

Lots of questions here ..... if you can answer all or some, feel free to reply
directly to my email.

1) A bike shop in the area of Tuebingen or Stuttgart that would have a
selection of new or used bents?
2) "Duty" issues/rates for purchasing a new/used bike overseas and bringing
back to US (does it matter if the "new" bike would have 200-300 miles by the
time I return?
3) Any possibility for a direct purchase of a bike such as ActionBent and
having shipped directly to my daughter?
4) any possibilties for a 3-week bent rental"
5) Anyone's crystal ball telling you what exchange rates will be doing????
6) Other suggestions? (my preferences a SWB, USS, rear suspension, 35 lbs)
Old March 22nd 04, 12:05 AM
John Sigg

When I started reading your email, I thought I had written it as I am
going to Tuttlingen (same city, diff. spelling??) for 3 weeks this summer
starting the end of June and ending around your arrival. I would appreciate
any and all information as well...I would love to rent a bent while there.
I might even take a trip up to the M5 factory but it is a distance (~450
mi.)

John

Old March 22nd 04, 08:51 AM
Kurt Fischer

GreyFx2 wrote:

1) A bike shop in the area of Tuebingen or Stuttgart that would have a
selection of new or used bents?

http://www.pedalkraft.de/

Located in Ditzingen near Stuttgart

3) Any possibility for a direct purchase of a bike such as ActionBent and
having shipped directly to my daughter?

http://www.recumbent.de/

The German seller of Tsunamis(ActionBents), prices seem to be higher
than in the States.

Sometimes Tsunamis appear on ebay.de
Here's the link for ebay search "Liegerad" (recumbent):

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M23D23CC7

Good luck!

Kurt