Mt. Princeton Hillclimb TT, Colorado

Old October 6th 05, 01:33 PM
steveyo

Default Mt. Princeton Hillclimb TT, Colorado

Congrats to Mike and Logan. You're both huge!

--
steveyo

steveyo

"When they see us coming, the birdies all try an' hide,
But they still go for peanuts when coated with cyanide."- Tom Lehrer

Old October 7th 05, 12:34 AM
scot

Can I come train with you guys?

Awesome stuff from the Aspen gang!

Great job.

--
scot

"There are two kinds of clowns in this world...those that CAN ride a
unicycle and those that CAN'T!" -Scot Cooper 1-11-05
scot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/992

Old October 8th 05, 04:26 AM
aspenmike

scot wrote:
Can I come train with you guys?

Awesome stuff from the Aspen gang!

Great job.

Anytime Scot, you would love riding this stuff: but you better hurry
for this year though, as it has snowed twice in the valley already with
another dump heading this way.

gbarnes wrote:
Was the race last weekend, I was in Buena Vista Saturday night.

Yes it was, we were sitting in the hot springs just a few miles away.

nathan wrote:
WOW, that is some climb. 4000' in 7.3 miles on dirt! Way to go. Aren't
father/son adventures the best?

Yes, family adventures are the best. Nothing like suffering with your
son or daughter.

steveyo wrote:
Congrats to Mike and Logan. You're both huge!

Thanks steveyo, how's your hillclimbing coming? Keep suffering, it will
pay off in 06'!

Here is another photo, of me trying to catch Logan at about mile 4,
with the Arkansas River Valley below. I called this the "SunTorcher"
section, as the aspect turned south and the temperature increased
dramatically. He had just powered ahead of me in a really tough
section.

|Filename: Mt. Princeton Hillclimb Logan and I001.JPG |

aspenmike
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

Old October 8th 05, 05:31 PM
nathan

Now that is one awesome photo. If you have the full-res copy, maybe crop
it a little like this and print up a big one and frame it!

---Nathan

|Filename: Mt. Princeton Hillclimb Logan and I001crop.jpg |

nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old October 8th 05, 06:29 PM
battlescargallactica

Mike have you ever been on the Colorado trail by the hot springs?,,,,its
sweeeeet!!

--
battlescargallactica
battlescargallactica's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9671

Old October 8th 05, 09:07 PM
aspenmike

nathan wrote:
Now that is one awesome photo. If you have the full-res copy, maybe crop
it a little like this and print up a big one and frame it!

---Nathan

VERY NICE NATHAN, I do have the full res! I do like how you cropped it,
it takes the dirt out, and brings Logan and I closer, thank you.

Mike have you ever been on the Colorado trail by the hot springs?,,,,its
sweeeeet!!

No, I have not, where's the best 15-20 mile stretch of MUni?

Old October 9th 05, 08:00 AM
battlescargallactica

No stretch that big without alot of hiking but theres some very smooth
stuff by Chalk creek where the trail crosses the road up from the hot
springs...