Cyclist convicted of 'furious driving' over pedestrian's death

Old August 23rd 17, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Cyclist convicted of 'furious driving' over pedestrian's death

Looks like the little piece of **** is going to get away with it.
"On an internet forum for fixed-wheel bike enthusiasts, he later described
how he twice warned her to "get the f*** outta my way".
Typical cyclist, pure scum.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ian___s_death/

Old August 23rd 17, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 23/08/2017 17:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Looks like the little piece of **** is going to get away with it.
"On an internet forum for fixed-wheel bike enthusiasts, he later described
how he twice warned her to "get the f*** outta my way".
Typical cyclist, pure scum.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ian___s_death/

He's been found guity, but not of an appropriately serious offence.

QUOTE:
Mrs Briggs’s widower Matthew, from Lewisham, south London, sat in court
throughout the trial, during which the CCTV footage of the crash was
played several times. [ ... ]

Outside court, Mr Briggs called for “radical change” in cycling culture
and the introduction of a new law of causing death by dangerous cycling.
He said: “I am now determined to do what I can to prevent others from
going through the heartache we have had to bear following Kim’s needless
death.”
ENDQUOTE
Old August 23rd 17, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

JNugent wrote:
On 23/08/2017 17:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Looks like the little piece of **** is going to get away with it.
"On an internet forum for fixed-wheel bike enthusiasts, he later
described how he twice warned her to "get the f*** outta my way".
Typical cyclist, pure scum.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ian___s_death/

He's been found guity, but not of an appropriately serious offence.

That is what I was meaning.
He will be given a small fine with time to pay.

QUOTE:
Mrs Briggs's widower Matthew, from Lewisham, south London, sat in
court throughout the trial, during which the CCTV footage of the
crash was played several times. [ ... ]

Outside court, Mr Briggs called for "radical change" in cycling
culture and the introduction of a new law of causing death by
dangerous cycling. He said: "I am now determined to do what I can to
prevent others from going through the heartache we have had to bear
following Kim's needless death."
ENDQUOTE

I sincerely hope that Matthew and few of his mates visit this killer on a
dark night and ensure that he will never be physically capable of riding a
bicycle ever again.

Old August 23rd 17, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 5:18:04 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 23/08/2017 17:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Looks like the little piece of **** is going to get away with it.
"On an internet forum for fixed-wheel bike enthusiasts, he later described
how he twice warned her to "get the f*** outta my way".
Typical cyclist, pure scum.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ian___s_death/

He's been found guity, but not of an appropriately serious offence.

Just because you don't like the outcome is no reason to throw a temper tantrum.
Get an adult to explain due process of law to you.

Old August 23rd 17, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 5:18:04 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 23/08/2017 17:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Looks like the little piece of **** is going to get away with it.
"On an internet forum for fixed-wheel bike enthusiasts, he later
described how he twice warned her to "get the f*** outta my way".
Typical cyclist, pure scum.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ian___s_death/

He's been found guity, but not of an appropriately serious offence.

Just because you don't like the outcome is no reason to throw a
temper tantrum. Get an adult to explain due process of law to you.

Mature adults drive. Immature adults such as you and pillocks such as you
ride kids toys.

Old August 23rd 17, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 23/08/2017 17:33, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 5:18:04 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 23/08/2017 17:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Looks like the little piece of **** is going to get away with it.
"On an internet forum for fixed-wheel bike enthusiasts, he later described
how he twice warned her to "get the f*** outta my way".
Typical cyclist, pure scum.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ian___s_death/

He's been found guity, but not of an appropriately serious offence.

Just because you don't like the outcome is no reason to throw a temper tantrum.
Get an adult to explain due process of law to you.

No temper tantrums at this end. You're the cyclist, not me.

The offence of which he has been convicted carries a cusodial of up to
24 months. His slimy attempts to blame his victim for her own death and
for his his own atrocious behaviour should earn him the maximum, pour
encourager les autres.
Old August 23rd 17, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 5:53:53 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

You said he should have been convicted of a more serious offence.
Grow up and accept the result of due process.

Old August 23rd 17, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:53:49 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

[...]

"The judge, Wendy Thomas, warned he faced a custodial sentence but
said it was not a certainty until she had heard mitigation at the
sentencing hearing. She added: I have not seen one iota of remorse
from Mr Alliston at all at any stage.

She told Alliston at the Old Bailey today: "If you want to rely on
remorse, I am bound to say I haven't seen one iota of remorse from Mr
Alliston at all - at any stage. Now of course he was facing an
allegation of manslaughter for which he has been acquitted. But in
relation to the course of driving, I haven't seen one breath of
remorse.

"And if you think you can find some mitigation to that effect, then I
am certainly not going to hinder you.""

Alliston's legal team reportedly said he was suffering with
post-traumatic stress and depression.
Old August 23rd 17, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

You are the bell end who rides a kids toy and you are suggesting that Mr
Nugent grows up?
The irony.

Old August 23rd 17, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 6:37:53 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

What a childish response.
Have you considered that, in 5000 years, when you are mature enough to drive a car there may not be any cars?