Sekai 1000 tnage 80's

Old July 24th 19, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Sekai 1000 tnage 80's

So my friend gave me this bike to do what I want he is moving could not take with him. It actually rides I was surprised just because this stuff is usually junk to me. However I was actually able to true the wheels very good original 27 inch rims. I lubed the diacompe and they manage to work free to at least stop the bike. This has downtube shifters much better I think and none of those crazy suicide brakes, regular in the drops only.

I put it all together and too small for me even to use on indoor trainer in winter but it spun ok. I think generally the bottom bracket is ok could take off and lubed, are these standard bearings cup and cone? I don't have the tool to remove the BB, can anything else work?

Finally is this thing worth even selling on craigslist for some figure I am looking to get maybe at least $75. Is the deacon off his rocker it a rough month and any funds can help.

Deacon Mark
Old July 24th 19, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/24/2019 2:56 PM, wrote:
[...]

That's the popular basic model[1] of the Sekai range, noted
for clean straight frames and sensible equipment. By chance
does it have a dealer sticker form Champaign Cycle?

Nothing weird or difficult about service, use Tange 11-ball
retainers or loose 1/4" balls in it.

No idea about value check craigslist but as with all used
bicycles, paint condition is the key component to value.

[1] even cheaper model 500 was added later, both with steel
rims. All other models had aluminum rims and the nicer
models are really nice among bikes of the era:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/miki.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 24th 19, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 12:56:59 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Donate it to your church. Low value items are not worth the hassle of posting on Craigslist and dealing with lunatics coming to your home. Items under $100 I take to: https://www.communitycyclingcenter.org/ Charity begins in the garage.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old July 24th 19, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 3:39:01 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/24/2019 2:56 PM, wrote:
[...]

Andrew is certainly does...…….Champaign Cycle,,,,,,,,,small world. I still got to get up and see your new digs, but you got to put me on to some good riding routes.

Deacon mark
Old August 4th 19, 08:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 2:56:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Wow guy bought it from me today for $95 I glad he only has bike as transportation. He gave up car to get his student loans paid down and his bike was stolen a few days ago. He left it unlocked of course and not an expensive bike but something similar. I certainly can use the money this month it has been a bit rough and he could use a bike.

To think I get on a bike just to see how fast or how far I can manage as something of a game. He gets on his bike to get to work and take care of his living business.

Deacon Mark

full GT xcr 1000 mega Mountain Biking 6 June 17th 05 03:39 AM
1000 Miles MSeries UK 9 April 1st 05 07:32 PM
Trek 1000 Sojourn100 Australia 1 July 30th 04 12:47 AM
Trek 1000 Sojourn100 Australia 2 July 30th 04 12:42 AM
£1000 / $1000 to spend on new bike.. Calz Mountain Biking 4 September 10th 03 08:48 PM