Bearing problem: Stuck/Shifted bearing

Old August 2nd 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

Default Bearing problem: Stuck/Shifted bearing

So I was riding my uni yesterday and as I'm taking a break I see some
shavings of powdercoat on my cranks and I see that my right bearing had
shifted out and was almost hitting the cranks, this caused the lips of
my yuni bearing holder to scrape the crank.

Normal :
[image: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../IMGA0239.jpg]

Messed:
[image: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../IMGA0240.jpg]

Its quite stuck, I can't move it with a screwdriver and a hammer. What
shal I do?

--
Evan Byrne
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 2nd 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

is there a spacer there?

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 2nd 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

You can see the black spacer next to the hub, normaly the bearing should
be touching that.

--
Evan Byrne
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 2nd 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
isaac steiner

Thats so weird.

--
isaac steiner

*'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*

'*Quax*' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 2nd 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

well theres to spacers on one side and only one on the other, unless
thats the inside of the bearing. that would mean you've killed the
bearing

--
thejdw

Old August 2nd 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Det-riot

could the metal have expanded due to heat?

your in cali rihgt? so its going to be hot

--
Det-riot

Ducttape wrote:
sounds like he toook a feild trip to jail.... DON'T DROP THE SOAP
DUDE!!!

KOXX-ONE* DOES NOT* SUCK!!!!
'MRIS!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/2486qk)
'1000th Post' (http://tinyurl.com/33shzt)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 2nd 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

I think the part coloured in red has broken free

|Filename: bearing2.jpg |

thejdw

Old August 2nd 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

No...That metal sleeve you see to the left of the bearing and to the
right of the shim is a sleeve that goes over the axle to get the
bearing to fit. The ID of the bearing is bigger than the axle so it
needs this.

--
Evan Byrne
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 2nd 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

Shouldn't there be spacers between the crank and the bearing also? That
way it cant move.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 2nd 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

Well, i dont belive moment cranks extend farther over the spline, i may
be wrong though, Can someone take a pic of thier moment crank on a
moment hub for me? But even before i put another spacer on there, i
need to move the bearing, its quite stuck right now.

--
Evan Byrne
http://www.usenet.com