OT government

Old May 26th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default OT government

Can it be true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijz1C...eature=related

Jobst Brandt
Old May 26th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gig Miller

On May 25, 9:36 pm, wrote:
Can it be true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijz1C...eature=related

Jobst Brandt

I'm not a big G.B. fan, but are you gonna post the silly stuff coming
from Obama's mouth after he is elected??? or even before???
Old May 26th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Gig Miller wrote:
I'm not a big G.B. fan, but are you gonna post the silly stuff coming
from Obama's mouth after he is elected??? or even before???

Bill Sornson wrote:
Should I faint that he even labeled it "OT"? Or did you do that? (I
plonked ol' JB long ago for just this reason.)
Bill "tech...BS" S.

I thought it was going to be Maxine Waters threatening to nationalize
the oil companies ( a la Chavez, Lenin, etc). At least that was funny!

Run oil companies? If the US Government ran Saudi Arabia, they'd run
out of sand.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old May 26th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

Bill Sornson wrote:
Should I faint that he even labeled it "OT"? *Or did you do that? *(I
plonked ol' JB long ago for just this reason.)
Bill "tech...BS" S.

I thought it was going to be Maxine Waters threatening to nationalize
the oil companies ( a la Chavez, Lenin, etc). At least that was funny!

Truman did it to Youngstown Steel, although he couldn't make it
stick. Even Nixon fixed prices. Remember that? I don't think
government is accomplishing much by fussing with interst rates. Maybe
it is time to nationalize something -- like your bike shop. We can
start small -- appropriate your DIY health plan.

Run oil companies? *If the US Government ran Saudi Arabia, they'd run
out of sand.

But Dick Cheney would somehow make a lot of money in the process. --
Jay Beattie.
Old May 26th 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On May 25, 7:36 pm, wrote:
Can it be true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijz1C...eature=related

Jobst Brandt

You know, I've never met the President, any President for that matter,
but I get the suspicion that, for all his bumbling simpleton aspects,
if he was just having a few beers at the ranch Little Boots would be a
hell of a fellow. And I seem to think that you couldn't find a truer
friend than him if you were friends. No, the problem with the Bush
presidency is not Bush but the monsters behind him in the shadows.
It's probably the Republican National Committee that's actually
running things nowadays. Once they asked the Bush family for a favor,
now they've asked the McCain family for a favor. It's kind of like the
Corleones. The Democratic machinery, a la Chicago in the Old Days, was
the Keystone Cops crossed with petty larceny and a broken leg or two.
The Republican machinery? Of Evil, learned much it has. We will
probably get a Democratic President next, and he/she will be
forgettable. The country is ripening for a messianic (but not
necessarily religious) candidate out of left field.
Old May 26th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Eric Vey

A Muzi wrote:

I thought it was going to be Maxine Waters threatening to nationalize
the oil companies ( a la Chavez, Lenin, etc). At least that was funny!

Run oil companies? If the US Government ran Saudi Arabia, they'd run
out of sand.

Last I heard, private oil companies control only 6% of the world's oil.
93% of it is owned by State owned companies.
Old May 26th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:
Should I faint that he even labeled it "OT"? Or did you do that?
(I plonked ol' JB long ago for just this reason.) Bill "tech...BS"
S.

I thought it was going to be Maxine Waters threatening to
nationalize the oil companies ( a la Chavez, Lenin, etc). At least
that was funny!

Ask and ye shall chuckle (and/or shudder):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqjFBiPMmBE

Run oil companies? If the US Government ran Saudi Arabia, they'd
run out of sand.

Think you pay enough taxes per gallon now? LOL

You mean the Exxon tax? You pay more in windfall profits to oil
companies than you do in taxes to the government when you buy a gallon
of gas.
Old May 26th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article
,
wrote:

On May 25, 7:36 pm, wrote:
Can it be true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijz1C...eature=related

Jobst Brandt

You know, I've never met the President, any President for that matter,
but I get the suspicion that, for all his bumbling simpleton aspects,
if he was just having a few beers at the ranch Little Boots would be a
hell of a fellow. And I seem to think that you couldn't find a truer
friend than him if you were friends. No, the problem with the Bush
presidency is not Bush but the monsters behind him in the shadows.

Bush is a problem, as he is a weak President who serves those masters
rather than serving the public good.

It's probably the Republican National Committee that's actually
running things nowadays. Once they asked the Bush family for a favor,
now they've asked the McCain family for a favor. It's kind of like the
Corleones. The Democratic machinery, a la Chicago in the Old Days, was
the Keystone Cops crossed with petty larceny and a broken leg or two.
The Republican machinery? Of Evil, learned much it has. We will
probably get a Democratic President next, and he/she will be
forgettable. The country is ripening for a messianic (but not
necessarily religious) candidate out of left field.

Funny that the party of the religious right is also the party of he
evilest actions.
Old May 26th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

wrote:
[...]

Make it Right Field and I'll sign up for that
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
** Posted from
http://www.teranews.com **
Old May 28th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

"still just me" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 May 2008 23:57:28 -0400, Coal Porter
wrote:

Clearly some folks don't remember what
Enron did in California or else which they had a part in the fun.

Clearly some folks don't have a clue or are so ideologically
brainwashed (light rinse for most) that it is hopeless they will ever
recognize the reality of what goes on in this country. They'd prefer
to stay convinced that the Republican party is here to benefit them
and their country, when nothing could be farther from the truth.

Too bad you don't understand democracy. The Republican party is here to
serve the Republicans. Just like the Democrat Party is here to serve
Democrats. Pretending that one is somehow superior to the other is insanity
that is in the process of ruining this country.

You vote for the MAN who has the ideas you want in such a position of power.