Ten good reasons not wear clipless, or clips, or any other pedallingperversion

Old June 19th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Ten good reasons not wear clipless, or clips, or any otherpedalling perversion

On Jun 17, 2:44*am, agcou wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:28:35 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute wrote:
[snip]

Also - if your single-bolt seat post bolt breaks, you won't be attached to
your pedals, and so you'll avoid landing rectum-first on the rotating rear
wheel.

You need a license to perform surgery on haemorrhoids, especially such
radical, novel surgery with instruments not sanctified by the Medical
Council. -- AJ
Old June 19th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jun 17, 3:20*am, "Kerry Montgomery" wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message

The five places where the bicycle can transmit road inequalities to
the cyclist, the two pedals are the most often overlooked.
Personoally, I cycle only on smoothturning rubber flattop pedals
turning on industrial bearings (VPs 191), and I always cycle in the
same thick rubber soles I wear daily. For did not Wifredo-Pelayo
Ricart Medina himself say, "The brain of an engineer is a delicate
instrument instrument which must be protected against the unevenness
of the ground."

Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/B...20CYCLING.html

Andre,
Where were the ten good reasons? I didn't see ten items in your posting, nor
in the web page it points to.
Thanks,
Kerry

I prime the pump with one good reason, Kerry, and you supply the other
nine. That's one of the nice things about the usenet, that one soon
runs into other guys with brains or experience or curiosity, sometimes
all three at once. -- AJ
Old June 19th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jun 17, 3:47*am, !Jones wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:28:35 -0700 (PDT), in rec.bicycles.tech Andre

Jute wrote:
Personoally, I cycle only on smoothturning rubber flattop pedals
turning on industrial bearings (VPs 191), and I always cycle in the
same thick rubber soles I wear daily.

Yes, me, too... but for different reasons. *I do lose power in that I
can't pull over the top; however, I'm truly a commuter and ride in my
office clothes, so I accept the trade off.

Actually, what I wrote was a bit misleading. I'm not a commuter. I
work at home. On most days the only time I leave the house is to
cycle. I don't wear shoes inside the house, so those thick rubber
soled shoes are bought specifically to cycle in.

But your remark about power does raise another point. The best office-
type shoes to fit cleats to would in fact be those made with leather
soles because those have a think steel shank inserted in the sole to
help keep their shape; the steel shank stiffens them much like cycling
shoes.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"