fixie poetry

Old January 27th 05, 06:25 PM
Mark Vieselmeyer

Default fixie poetry

I think it might have a typo, but it works better as-is:

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/g/camilla.htm

- Mark

Old January 27th 05, 07:02 PM

nice.
is there a thing about rear wheel right front wheel left?
who photos which way?
now here's the classic cycle photo
and the drive train's on the other side?
meant to underwhelm the frame outline?
whispering spiderlike before the wall

Old January 28th 05, 12:56 AM
RonSonic

On 27 Jan 2005 11:25:52 -0700, Mark Vieselmeyer wrote:

I think it might have a typo, but it works better as-is:

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/g/camilla.htm

"Peace together"

Peace out.

Ron
Old January 28th 05, 02:26 AM
hhu

Fast 'round the corners
faster down the hills!
No! Forgot the brakes!
Stairway railing, kills.

Sad, crying mourners.
Family pays bills.
Biking madness takes
only life of Phil's.

Old January 28th 05, 03:34 AM
Marty Wallace

hhu wrote:
Fast 'round the corners
faster down the hills!
No! Forgot the brakes!
Stairway railing, kills.

Sad, crying mourners.
Family pays bills.
Biking madness takes
only life of Phil's.

You ought to read Mulga Bills Bicycle, by A.B "Banjo" Patterson.

http://www.middlemiss.org/lit/author...ry/mulgab.html

Marty
Old January 28th 05, 08:25 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Mark Vieselmeyer wrote:

I think it might have a typo, but it works better as-is:

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/g/camilla.htm

An Ode to Fixed Gear Handlebar Choice
(based on personal experience)

Because I only have one lever
(And no, I can't stop pedalling either)
I find my left hand gripping tight
(in the US it would be the right)

To keep my hands upon the bike
I took some drops I didn't like
I sawed off the superfluous ends
And now they don't have any bends

But as the miles begin to climb
I can't shake this thought from my mind
If I'd splashed for real cow-horns
I'd skip the blisters and the corns

So though it might be cheap to hack
Your sawn-off bars will soon bite back.
Old January 28th 05, 09:15 PM
Brian Huntley

Shucks, after the first line I thought you were going to riff Emily
Dickenson, "Because I could not stop for Death."

BECAUSE I could not stop my bike--
It kindly stopped for me--
The wheels flew through the garden fence--
And me into a tree.