Rode on my old Stumpjumper this evening

Old July 15th 05, 03:18 AM
Servojohn

Default Rode on my old Stumpjumper this evening

Someone tell me the Limbo is one of the slowest recumbents around,
please! I set up my old('92) Stumpjumper FS with BMX pedals, more
upright stem and bars(thumbshifters and all), and went out for five
miles. Stopped at the track, watched the boys and girls zip around on
their 15lb track bikes, then rode on back home. Elbows started
complaining a bit, so did the hands, but the lower back was okay, but
sheesh, a 23lb mountain bike with slicks on it is like greased
lightning when compared to the Limbo.
I'm hoping to get at least an Action Bent, hopefully I would like to
get a used Vrex. I've got to think I'm missing out on some serious
speed.

Sorry for the rant.

Best regards,

John Halliburton

Old July 15th 05, 05:40 AM
Mark Leuck

"Servojohn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Someone tell me the Limbo is one of the slowest recumbents around,
please! I set up my old('92) Stumpjumper FS with BMX pedals, more
upright stem and bars(thumbshifters and all), and went out for five
miles. Stopped at the track, watched the boys and girls zip around on
their 15lb track bikes, then rode on back home. Elbows started
complaining a bit, so did the hands, but the lower back was okay, but
sheesh, a 23lb mountain bike with slicks on it is like greased
lightning when compared to the Limbo.
I'm hoping to get at least an Action Bent, hopefully I would like to
get a used Vrex. I've got to think I'm missing out on some serious
speed.

Sorry for the rant.

Best regards,

John Halliburton

Buying either bike will do no good unless maybe a 2+ mph increase would be
considered speedy, your best bet is to buy clip-on pedals and shoes.

Old July 15th 05, 02:24 PM
Servojohn

Not the problem, I've ridden clipless on the Limbo and all my "serious"
bikes prior to going recumbent.

And 1-2 mph average wouldn't be a bad increase.

Best regards,

John

Old July 15th 05, 11:08 PM
Mark Leuck

"Servojohn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not the problem, I've ridden clipless on the Limbo and all my "serious"
bikes prior to going recumbent.

And 1-2 mph average wouldn't be a bad increase.

Best regards,

John

Then the only way you will be faster is with either a high or low racer, I
went from averaging 12 to 13 mph on the Vision to 17 - 18 on an Optima Baron
overnight

Every other recumbent type I've ridden don't seem to be designed for speed

test rode an "Avenir" folding bike today... (rebranded?) C.J.Patten General 1 May 24th 05 09:09 PM
Trip Report - Philadelphia - Ste. Anne de Beaupre, QUE and back Ron Wallenfang Rides 9 June 27th 04 05:35 AM
Rode first TT of 2004 today... MSA UK 4 March 29th 04 06:49 PM
Test rode a bike - LOVED IT - but need quick question answered Lobo Tommy Mountain Biking 10 March 26th 04 10:33 PM