Burley Django: Changes for '05?

Old July 16th 05, 12:57 AM
enrique

Default Burley Django: Changes for '05?

Hi. I have been shopping around, and it seems that some dealers still
carry the older year models for the Burley Django. Has the bike
changed much since 2002? Does anyone know if there has been an
improvement over time, or has the bike been getting worse?

Thank you.

epp

Old July 16th 05, 03:36 PM
enrique

I wrote a store owner in Oregon and he did say that the '05 model uses
a bigger and heavier disc brake. He also says he likes the '04 model
better because he likes the rear derailler more than the current
year's.

Does anyone have any input on how much this bike has changed since 2002?

Old July 16th 05, 10:01 PM
Catzwisker

"enrique" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi. I have been shopping around, and it seems that some dealers still
carry the older year models for the Burley Django. Has the bike
changed much since 2002? Does anyone know if there has been an
improvement over time, or has the bike been getting worse?

Thank you.

epp

I am not exactly sure about improvements re components but here are
differences between '04 and '05 Django. Biggest difference is disc brakes
added in '05 and price went down $50 dollars approx. I have ridden '05
Django and found it to be very comperable to an '03 Hepcat that my LBS had
on hand. Both very nimble and easy to ride. Hepcat did shift better but
performance was very similar as far as I was concerned.

Very important that you spend a few minutes with any of the Burley 'bents
and get the seat adjusted correctly or you will very likely have a bad
riding experience.
I put about 15 miles on the two bikes durring an extended test ride one day
and was thoroughly impressed. Why didn't I buy? I still have not made up my
mind. Went to Portland a couple weeks ago and test rode an '04 V-Rex for
comparison and fell in love with it too. But a I ran out of time and had to
cut short my visit. Not going to make a hasty decision that I will later
regret.
I am also very fond of the Burley Canto, which at this point in time is my
favorite. Love the option of converting to MWB or SWB. Not exactly a
performance bike but very comfortable (which is the man reason I am looking
for a new bike) for extended trips and commutes.

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN '04 DJANGO AND '05 DJANGO ACCORDING TO BURLEY CATALOG

04 Django headset Cane Creek STS with alloy topcap
05 Django hEADSET Vp 1-1/8" threadless

04 Django rear derailleur Shimano Deore
05 Django rear derailleur SunRace M60 Magnesium

04 Django shifter SRAM MRX Comp 8sp
05 Django shifter SRAM MRX 8sp

04 Django cassette Sunrace M92 11-32-9sp
05 Django cassette SunRace M62 11-32 8sp

04 Django chain Sunrace CN99
05 Django chain sunrace CN92

04 Django spokes DT 2.0 Stainless black
05 Django spokes DT Swiss 2.0 Stainless

04 Django hub Shimano Deore 32H
05 Django hub Shimano 475

04 Django brakes Shimano M420 V-brake
05 Django brakes Winzip Disc

04 Django brake levers Shimano M420
05 Django Tektro

04 Django seat Burley Megadjust Alloy Frame with Burley vinyl Seat Base
05 Django seat Burley Megadjust Alloy Frame with Burley Seat Base

04 Django color is called 'Retro Green'
05 Django two colors available 'Black Amber' and Buttercup'

Jim Wilhelm
catzwisker at hotmail dot com
Giga News news server via Comcast internet

I like work... I can sit and watch it for hours

Old July 16th 05, 10:12 PM
John Knez

enrique wrote:
I wrote a store owner in Oregon and he did say that the '05 model uses
a bigger and heavier disc brake. He also says he likes the '04 model
better because he likes the rear derailler more than the current
year's.

Does anyone have any input on how much this bike has changed since 2002?

I have a 2002 model, and looking at the Burley page for the Django, it
looks like a number of components have changed. Here are some of the
changes:

- A big change has been the replacement of V-Brakes with disc brakes.

-The 2002 model came with a Shimano Hollotech 105 crankset, the 2005
model has a Truvativ Turo crankset.

-The 2002 model had an 8 speed SRAM rear derailleur, the 2005 model has
a SunRace M60.

- The seat might have changed. The 2002 model came with a Corbin seat
base, which I've found very comfortable for long rides. The 2005 model
is listed as having a 'Burley Seat Base', as opposed to the higher end
HelpCat being listed with a 'Burley Corbin' seat.

---
John Knez

seat and backrest angle on Burley Traiko Harry Putnam Recumbent Biking 0 June 13th 05 06:18 AM
Hardshell seat on Burley Django? David Fahrner Recumbent Biking 0 May 31st 05 05:19 AM
Burley trailer snaps/poppers LSMike UK 2 February 25th 05 09:27 PM
FS: Burley duet road Tandem $950 OBO Flatmaster Marketplace 0 September 19th 04 10:40 PM
26" Front Wheel on Burley Hepcat [email protected] Recumbent Biking 6 March 6th 04 08:12 AM