Tour de France -- a new jersey

Old July 28th 03, 12:31 AM
Sabers

Default Tour de France -- a new jersey

After watching Tyler Hamilton's performance this year, I think Le Tour
should add a new classification -- a red jersey, for the most
courageous rider on the Tour. It would not have to be awarded every
year, but if someone did something extraordinary did way Hamilton did,
it would be awarded in Paris.

Comments?

g.
Old July 28th 03, 02:07 AM
henry

Main Entry: as·cend
Pronunciation: &-'send
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin ascendere, from ad- + scandere to
climb

I'm not sure I get how going down a mountain side...

...but to Axel Merckx, who ascended the last mountain in one stage

knowing he
was all ready outside of the time cut, yet finished anyway.

Old July 28th 03, 02:12 AM
Jason B

henry wrote:
Main Entry: as·cend
Pronunciation: &-'send
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin ascendere, from ad- + scandere to
climb

I'm not sure I get how going down a mountain side...

...but to Axel Merckx, who ascended the last mountain in one stage

knowing he

was all ready outside of the time cut, yet finished anyway.

Ooops! guess I flunk reading comprehension. I read that as _de_cend. my
bad. I'm strait of to the highest place I can find, and walk up it 100
times before hutling myself at the pavement below.

Old July 28th 03, 03:50 AM
Dashi Toshii

"Jason B" wrote in message
henry wrote:
Main Entry: as·cend
Pronunciation: &-'send
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin ascendere, from ad- + scandere to
climb

I'm not sure I get how going down a mountain side...

...but to Axel Merckx, who ascended the last mountain in one stage

knowing he

was all ready outside of the time cut, yet finished anyway.

Ooops! guess I flunk reading comprehension. I read that as _de_cend. my
bad. I'm strait of to the highest place I can find, and walk up it 100
times before hutling myself at the pavement below.

Very excusable if English is not your native language.

Dashii

Old July 28th 03, 04:18 AM
Just a Cyclist

"Dashi Toshii" wrote in message

"Jason B" wrote in message
henry wrote:
Main Entry: as·cend
Pronunciation: &-'send
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin ascendere, from ad- + scandere

climb

I'm not sure I get how going down a mountain side...

...but to Axel Merckx, who ascended the last mountain in one stage

knowing he

was all ready outside of the time cut, yet finished anyway.

Ooops! guess I flunk reading comprehension. I read that as _de_cend. my
bad. I'm strait of to the highest place I can find, and walk up it 100
times before hutling myself at the pavement below.

Very excusable if English is not your native language.

Dashii

Oh boy another loose English teacher .......who can not find work, so he
apply his trade on the newsgroup!

Old July 28th 03, 05:07 AM
Jiyang Chen

"Jason B" wrote in message
henry wrote:
[...]

applies his trade...

Old July 28th 03, 05:26 AM
lazysegall

Sabers wrote:
After watching Tyler Hamilton's performance this year, I think Le Tour
should add a new classification -- a red jersey, for the most courageous
rider on the Tour. It would not have to be awarded every year, but if
someone did something extraordinary did way Hamilton did, it would be
awarded in Paris.
Comments?
g.

There is already the prize for most combative rider. That is a pretty
vague description (usually vague enough to give it to a frenchman).
Hamilton could have gotten that award. Any other award for most
corageous can be given by Journalists, Organizations (like Jan got an
award for sportsmanship from the german olympic committee), or
Newsgroups.

Old July 28th 03, 09:23 AM
Andrew Swan

"Jason B" wrote in message

[...]