oligarchy and George Carlin

Old May 4th 21, 06:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default oligarchy and George Carlin

On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 5:47:53 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 8:29:53 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 5/2/2021 6:41 AM, William Crowell wrote:
All the Democrats that I speak to more or less acknowledge that Biden stole the election from Trump, but maintain that it was justified because Trump was so terrible.

LOL, sure they do.

The only reason Biden won the election is because he got more votes.

How many votes did you get in your last election?

..
All these Donkey Party shenanigans make you wonder if Scharfie ("Put Republicans in re-education camps.") really won the election or if he and a few Alinskyites with lockpicks stole it. Alinsky's motto was, "Nothing too small to misappropriate for The Cause." -- AJ
Old May 4th 21, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 5:47:07 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 7:24:56 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 3:26:35 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 2 May 2021 07:50:40 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 6:41:02 AM UTC-7, William Crowell wrote:
All the Democrats that I speak to more or less acknowledge that Biden stole the election from Trump, but maintain that it was justified because Trump was so terrible.

My favorite George Carlin routine is the one where he says, approximately: "Everybody claims to have RIGHTS! YOU have RIGHTS, I have RIGHTS, THEY ALL have RIGHTS! It's nothing but a cute but fictional sentiment because the government can take away your rights any time it wants." I never took his admonition seriously until I actually had some intensive dealings with the federal government, and then discovered to my chagrin that he is completely correct.
The reason the Democrats thought Trump was so awful was because he was returning the rights to the people. That made him one of the worst things possible in a government. They were losing power.
Errr... tell us. Just what "rights" did Donald the Lad return to the
people?

Be specific now. None of your usual folderol.
(folderol ~ noun - nonsensical talk or writing)
--
Cheers,

John B.

.
You shouldn't be so cocky when you know so little, Shortass.

The most obvious rights Mr Trump returned to the people a

1. The right to a job without unfair competition from unnecessary immigrants pushing wages down by sheer force of numbers.

2. The right to have their vote as Americans count to its full extent, without Democrats letting illegal immigrants vote and thereby reduce the value of the vote of native Americans.

That's just a start. But if I, a foreigner, can see that from over here, why haven't you seen it yet?

Andre Jute
Why is Duck's Disease always accompanied by unnecessary aggression and a reckless disregard for the facts?

..
The ex-east Germans are largely gaining power in the present day Germany. They are racist and xenophobic to the degree that they at least believe that Germany is for Germans. How do you suppose that is going to sit with the European Union?

Mmm, good question.

First, Frau Merkel, who used to be an actual Communist Party mouthpiece, a childless woman, is so woke that she invited all the Turks and Arabs to come be her children. The Germans have been on a guilt-trip about six million Jews for so long that one wondered if they can find their way back to being more arrogant assholes than the Continent could suffer for long. 1870 to 1945 was a very long time under the German threat. But note the past tense in my previous sentence but one. Since the Germans have been throwing around their weight so much in the EU, people stopped taking the wokeness of Germany for anything but a thin veneer or civility. All the same, that doesn't mean to say the tanks will roll soon. A very great part of German wealth and high living standards are due to three quarters of a century -- and counting -- of receiving their defence against the Russians, and other nations to the east they oppressed at one time or another, as a gift from the American taxpayer.

Two, I see nothing wrong with Germans of any origin considering Germany to be first of all for the Germans. And I can't see the other European Union members, who've all suffered the wretched violence (and huge costs on their tax payers, besides the damage to their cultures) of the Islamic hordes Merket made them take, complain very loudly if Germans start sending some of the more offensive ones home. You should understand that nations in the EU, especially those who're not as rich as Germans have become on the back of the American taxpayer, the French small farmer, the British financial system, and trained guest workers from recently Soviet satellite nations like Poland and Hungary, would, far more likely than complain, instantly follow the lead of a new German government who acted against religion-criminal elements intimidating the native population and recruiting on the soil of their hosts for wars against the hosts. Far from being resented, as now (vide Brexit, not an isolated attitude at all), the Germans would become popular trendsetters.
Old May 4th 21, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:57:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:28:34 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/29/2021 10:35 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

snip

Like all skunks if you think that you can get something for free you're right there with your hand out, but if you have to pay for it out of your own pocket, you're riding a 12 year old POS touring bike.

Uhm... uh, ,,wait a sec
I'm ,uh, trying to find the words, for, uh,
uh, for, uhm, ... .. because, uhm OK, uh.. ok, let's try this:

We need a 12 year old touring bike that doesn't suck

Old May 4th 21, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/4/2021 3:01 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:57:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:28:34 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/29/2021 10:35 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

snip

Like all skunks if you think that you can get something for free you're right there with your hand out, but if you have to pay for it out of your own pocket, you're riding a 12 year old POS touring bike.

Uhm... uh, ,,wait a sec
I'm ,uh, trying to find the words, for, uh,
uh, for, uhm, ... .. because, uhm OK, uh.. ok, let's try this:

We need a 12 year old touring bike that doesn't suck

Here you a

https://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...spx?item=17837

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 4th 21, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Be specific now.

Ok, fine, motha****a

None of your usual folderol.
(folderol ~ noun - nonsensical talk or writing)

eschew obfuscation, crackercroaker

Cheers,

John B.

Old May 4th 21, 09:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 6:47:04 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 15:49:32 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, April 26, 2021 at 5:28:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, April 26, 2021 at 3:25:44 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
I've arrived at several ideas about oligarchy and current events in my thinking, alone, and it's always nice when you see the things you thunk up in textbooks or hear them said by others whom you respect.

I put oligarchy in youtube and found ron paul and bernie sanders saying the same things I was thinking, and then George Carlin. Apparently he is quite into it. (it being agreeing with me.)

I am looking for the one from 2015 I was watching last night, in which he was in an interview or roundtable, not standing up on stage; I don't see it at the moment, but am enjoying this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVZMifGcW64
I have a slogan "The public sucks"

Regarding oligarchies, they are always great if you are in or running the oligarchy. Similar to government debt, deficits. Its only a problem and tragedy if its caused by the other party. If its caused by you, ain't no problem at all.

But aren't all "democracies" today a form of Oligarchy? Where a
relatively small number of individuals actually rule? At least I can't
think of any country that uses the pure form of democracy as first
practiced in Athens.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Very impressive that you know what happened in Athens, considering
that we cannot even agree on what is going on at present
Old May 4th 21, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

The German people have pretty much had it up to here with the guilt trip. NO one alive had anything to do with the killing of the Jews. I'm sure that they want never to repeat that episode in their history but plainly they are growing more and more tired of being either leaders or nothing. Normal people have no interest in being leaders, which says a great deal about Scharf.

Imagine Germany looking at the mentally disturbed Democrat Party here doing things like "restitution" for slavery because there is hardly a black in this country that did not have some distant relative that wasn't a slave Slavs, southern Italians and Greeks were treated almost as badly. Not to mention the Irish. I have seen an auction notice where they were selling women and children of banished Irish provocateur's who without their husbands could not support their families so the English exported them for sale as slaves in the West Indies. Wouldn't want these people to be a load on society now would you?

Should everyone line up to have restitution for long past crimes? Hey Biden - why don't you give me a couple hundred million and I won't mention your criminal behavior again.
Old May 4th 21, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

This is the prime information mover - the Internet. Far be it from people do know that most of the Internet is opinion with extremely few facts. In fact you have to know how to find actual facts and then how to interpret them.. Frank tells us that CDC statistics are my opinion. This pretty much puts him into outer space. But then he doesn't believe that prime spying on your actions here are anything to worry about because he probably has never actually read the constitution and certainly never understood it if he did.
Old May 6th 21, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 5/4/2021 1:32 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
[...]

Surly still sells the Long Haul Trucker. Marin has the Four Corners.

Since Shimano has dropped a lot of the triple cranksets in the
higher-end groups, the newer touring bikes are now 3x9 with a Sora front
derailleur. The older touring bikes are fine.

School bans Curious George Book Because of George's Bicycling Technique,, Király Techniques 2 May 30th 15 07:35 PM
George Carlin On Lance BLafferty[_3_] Racing 21 February 13th 11 07:32 AM
Emma Carlin or John Muir Trails (Palmyra, WI) capuni Unicycling 0 September 22nd 08 08:30 PM
Energy/Carlin discussion Bill C Racing 7 June 23rd 08 07:42 PM
Lance, Ekimov, et al. lead out George and George wins the RVV - end of story - enough said. Magilla Vanilla Racing 0 April 1st 05 07:04 AM