Covid off subject

Old May 7th 21, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Covid off subject

Jeff Liebermann writes:

On Thu, 06 May 2021 22:17:41 -0400, Radey Shouman
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann writes:

On Wed, 5 May 2021 07:18:32 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

I did extensive scuba diving and I was NEVER stupid enough to dive
past the limit and damage my lungs from that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diver_certification

Verify NAUI Certification
https://www.naui.org/verify-certification/
I plug in Thomas Kunich plus your birthday, and get nothing found. I
was fairly sure of the of the month and year of the birthday, but not
the day. So I went through all 31 possible days. Nothing found.

I was NAUI certified in 1982, but could not find a record of that.
I suspect their online records don't go that far back.

The pull down menu on the above verification link goes back to 1922.
NAUI history at:
https://www.naui.org/about/our-heritage/
seems to indicate that instructor certifications started in April
1955. No clue when they started certifying recreational divers. If
the dates are correct, then the oldest dive instructor certified in
1955 would be 32 years old, which seems about right.

I was never certified as anything but the lowest rung of recreational diver.

Try matching the search to the exact spelling on the card.

If I had the card I would, but I don't know where it is. I'm fairly
sure they spelled my name right, though.

I'll rate this as "very suspicious" unless you want to provide some
means of verifying that your alleged "extensive scuba diving
experience" isn't another lie. Oh wait... you said you weren't going
to answer any more of my questions.

What's the point of this? Don't you have anything else to do?

I don't like getting lied to. I assumed that if I pointed out a
sufficiently large number of lies and fabrications, Tom might confess
his sins, take absolution, and clean up his act. That hasn't
happened. Meanwhile, I'm finding the exercise very entertaining. It's
almost as good as a detective mystery or "what's wrong with this
picture" type exercise. For now, I'm having far too much fun taking
pot shots at Tom. However, you're right. I do have better things to
do, and will probably give up eventually. Tom's been acting like this
for at least 15 years and is unlikely to change.

I'll try to ignore your posts, then, they stopped entertaining me quite
a while ago.

Old May 7th 21, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/7/2021 4:11 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 2:07:39 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/7/2021 3:28 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 11:02:45 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 10:55:52 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/7/2021 1:14 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 9:58:00 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 9:47:10 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/7/2021 12:22 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 9:01:07 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/3/2021 7:48 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

I've shown you that less than 15,000 Americans dies directly or indirectly from covis-19. You are perfectly welcome to believe anything you like. As for 600,000+ covid deaths?
Tom frequently and insanely claims that only a few thousand people died
of COVID. He's apparently not alone, which is no surprise. We know there
are many consumers of right wing conspiracy theories.

This article popped up today, addressing those claims.

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/arti...ally-that-high

"The CDC ... lists 576,238 as the COVID kill count in the US.

"Many people just do not believe those numbers, though. They insist that
such stats are grossly inflated. They believe that unrelated deaths are
included in the total COVID kill count. Many visitors to this website
maintain that the actual cause of death on most autopsy reports in
2020/2021 are from causes other than the coronavirus."

They're obviously talking about Tom. But read the rest of the article.

Frank, I must say that you're certainly on top of things. https://fee.org/articles/physicians-...es-here-s-why/
As I said: We know there are many consumers of right wing conspiracy
theories.
It certainly must be a conspiracy theory if the hospitals are getting $52,000 for each reported covid-19 death, doctors are reporting that they are pressured to add covid-19 to the death certificates and the mortuary business is not expected to grow significantly in 2020. What about this CDC chart? At the end of the chart there is a grown in covid deaths almost to the level of pneumonia. So perhaps you'd like to explain to us all why total deaths didn't increase?

Really explain this to us as the CDC promulgating a conspiracy theory you piece of ignorant human grease. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nchs-data.html
Hey Frank, I'm waiting for you to explain this conspiracy theory of yours in the face of every ****ing thing you said being wrong. Even the CDC contradicts your ignorant rant. So I'm sure that you as a professor can certainly explain all about this conspiracy theory that everyone but you is in on.

No, Tom, the CDC does not contradict the fact that there are over half a
million U.S. COVID deaths. Your posting a chart that ends in May of 2020
doesn't do that either.

Your dogged acceptance of every right wing conspiracy theory is way
beyond weird. That, and your perennial anger and misery, may not be
treatable, but I think you should try.

What counseling or therapy are you currently using? Please consider
printing out a month of your rants here and showing them to your
therapist and/or your physician. It may be the best way of showing them
what you're going through.

Intense therapy and perhaps a change of medication may help.
The CDC chart doesn't show you what is going on? And later chart I have shown here several times that shows the same thing ALSO doesn't mean a thing since part of it says that 600,000 people died of covid. Even though the important part of the chart - CAUSE OF DEATH says exactly the opposite. What's it feel like to be an agent of propaganda? To be so opposed to the truth that you will say absolutely anything? You ought to be a member of Jay's reference "Factcheck" despite them completely contradicting the Kaiser Health Foundation. As usual there isn't anything you won't say. I'm sure that you can make something else up.

https://freedomwire.com/time-magazine-rigged-election/

As I said: We know there are many consumers of right wing conspiracy
theories.
And there are many people making money off those deluded rubes.

--
- Frank Krygowski

"Funeral Homes in the US industry trends (2015-2020)
poll Average industry growth 2015โ€“2020: -1.1%"

Why ever would you expect deaths to correlate with burials?
in 2020/2021? Really? Think big, man!

https://nypost.com/2021/05/07/many-c...yc-waterfront/

The Cuomo regime, for example, sent infected patients to old
age/rehab/veterans/nursing facilities and then sent the
suffering elderly to hospitals when their symptoms became
critical. Magic! The deaths were counted as 'hospital
deaths' not 'care home deaths'.

I strongly suspect you are just not qualified to form or
administer policy in a democrat administration, Tom.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 7th 21, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 2:11:16 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

In actual 2021 revenue news for the largest funeral provider in the US, SCI:

First Quarter Highlights:

Revenue grew $275 million over the prior year quarter to $1.1 billion.
GAAP earnings per share were $1.33.
Adjusted earnings per share grew $0.89 over the prior year quarter to $1.32..
Funeral preneed sales grew $35 million, or 16%.
Cemetery preneed sales grew $130 million, or 67%.
Comparable funeral gross profit grew 82% and margin expanded 1,030 basis points to 31.0%.
Comparable cemetery gross profit grew 147% and margin expanded 1,540 basis points to 40.7%.

https://investors.sci-corp.com/2021-...-2021-Guidance

Per the Q-1 report:

Tom Ryan, the Company's President, Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer, commented on COVID-19 and first quarter results:

"Today we are reporting earnings per share of $1.33 and net cash provided by operating activities of $298 million for the quarter. The $0.88 growth in earnings per share in the quarter was primarily driven by increased comparable preneed cemetery sales production and continued elevated COVID-19 mortality, which resulted in an increase in both funeral services performed and burials in our cemeteries. Comparable preneed cemetery sales production grew $130 million, or 67%, during the quarter driven by an increase in sales velocity, sales averages, and large sales activity. Net cash provided by operating activities grew approximately $118 million over the prior year quarter, primarily due to increased operating profit.

Based on our first quarter results, we are raising the midpoint of our full year adjusted earnings per share guidance fifteen cents to $2.85 and the midpoint of our adjusted operating cash flow guidance to $687.5 million. Our long-term earnings growth framework remains in place, we will maintain focus on our core strategies of growing revenue by remaining relevant to our client families, leveraging our scale, and maximizing our capital deployment opportunities in a disciplined and balanced manner.

The health, safety and well-being of our SCI family remains a top priority as our dedicated teams continue to provide essential services for our client families. I would like to thank our entire SCI family, particularly our frontline associates, for your continued courage and resolve, but also for focusing on what we do best, which is helping our client families gain closure and healing through the process of grieving, remembrance, and celebration."

Again, this is a stunning financial result since much of the services provide by funeral homes has nothing to do with embalming/burning bodies and includes services that were curtailed during the pandemic.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 7th 21, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 2:29:13 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Well, nobody ever accused you of being a financial genius. The industry as a whole has a loss of 1.1% but one company made a profit and it is because of all of those covid deaths and not simply raising prices. Let me compliment you on your ability to think.
Old May 7th 21, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 10:27:29 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Op zondag 2 mei 2021 om 18:18:44 UTC+2 schreef :
Again and again I've been trying to explain that something is extremely wrong with the number of so-called covid-19 deaths whether it be American deaths of those in India. The very first onset of the flu pandemic should have been the time at which people were killed directly from it and not more than a year after.

I cannot give any information about India and deaths aside from some woman toured the area in which claims were being made of people dying in the streets and there were no bodies on the streets. She said that the media was lying. Maybe the Lame Street Media was hiding the bodies from her. She did say that at this time of year that people do sleep in the streets because of the heat.

As to our so-called pandemic, as I showed you, less than 2,000 people were actually killed directly by covid-19 and another 10,000 or so indirectly - the same people that always die in a flu pandemic.

I have seen people expressing horror that I would be so cavalier with any deaths. Well, WHAT can I do about the health of someone else that is laying in a bed in a medical facility and diagnosed as having extreme circulatory diseased and is expected to die over a year's time? That these were compressed into 2 months does not change the fact that they were going to die anyway.

But what bothered me the most was the fact that we were being told that about 20% above normal deaths were occurring. This made absolutely no sense at all. As I've mentioned, some $50,000 is being paid by the NIH for reporting and cleaning up for covid deaths. 600,000 supposed covid deaths would make that about $30 Billion or more than enough to cheat.

If indeed we had 20% more deaths than normal the streets would be jammed with funeral processions and they haven't been. Well, you could argue, they are simply cremating people. But THAT makes no sense either, again the numbers do not add up.

So simply looking at the funeral business shows pretty much the whole story, Over the last 3 years the funeral business hasn't made incomes that even match the inflation rates.

https://brandongaille.com/26-mortuar...cs-and-trends/

So, by all means put on a mask and keep your social distancing up for an illness that was totally ended the last week of April, 2020.

Tom sometimes I wish you catch COVID 19 so bad the it would shut you up for a couple of months and kept you off the bike for more than a year with no taste or smell. This is not nice of course and I would go to confession if I was religious.

Lou

Lou,

What's the problem? It's cheerier than what I was wondering, which is if the breathing machines in the hospitals are on the net, and talking to the mother ship, which is instructing the breathing machine to shut of life support when the patient is homeless or black, etc

Doug
Old May 7th 21, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 4:04:05 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 5/2/2021 10:27 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:

snip
Tom sometimes I wish you catch COVID 19 so bad the it would shut you up for a couple of months and kept you off the bike for more than a year with no taste or smell. This is not nice of course and I would go to confession if I was religious.

Well of course I don't wish that anyone contract Covid-19, but it's true
that when those that eschew facts and logic come down with it that if
tends to help fix their belief system.

Trump could have followed the advice of medical experts and encouraged
mask mandates and social distancing, and he could have ordered
sufficient quantities of vaccine early-on, and lots more people would
still be alive. Those individuals that believe everything that he says
would have followed. The GOP governors would have had cover to make
better decisions.

It's not that some Republicans don't trust the vaccine, it's that they
worship a dope. But even that dope says to get vaccinated.

Tellin ya, for as smart as you guys are, yer still analyzing this on the wrong level.. debating the details of the smoke and mirrors
Anyone else notice the rash of "One of the world's richest people dies unexpectedly" stories in the news in the last few weeks?

Old May 7th 21, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

You've just seen Scharf, John and Beatie denying reality as if they can change the world by saying the opposite.

But you can, Aloysius, You can! Jerry Brown knows this; that's how he made it rain again. But you have to believe.
IOW, if you believe in Murphy's law, then you must also believe in inverse ("Anything that can go right will") and also the contrapositive ("You can make it rain by leaving your umbrella at home").

Jerry brown knows this also. And he believes in Murphy's Law. So when he spoke to God two years ago, he very gently informed God - in words chosen with the most extreme care so as not to sound like a threat - that if CA didn't get some rain soon, he will have no choice but to begin construction on two 500 mile long 100 foot diameter tunnels under the Delta. And each would be the most costly thing in all of history by several orders of magnitude, and further, due to the inevitable reality of the way these things always go, each would certainly end up costing more than the other.

And God said "JERRY!!!!! SORRY man didn't mean to snub ya or nuthin just been super busy. And I'd chat longer but I gotta run. Cheers Jer! Drop me a line sometime-"

And it rained.
Old May 7th 21, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 3:06:02 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Send us a link with earnings reports and not projections based on 2018 financial information, which was the last link you posted. Industry associations are slow assembling earnings information, and the only quick way of measuring growth is by looking at 10Ks and other SEC filings by major players like SCI.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 8th 21, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 7 May 2021 09:14:46 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 5:05:46 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 6 May 2021 07:22:51 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 8:01:51 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 5 May 2021 18:40:28 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:
On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 6:16:39 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 5 May 2021 22:53:56 -0000 (UTC), News 2021
wrote:
On Wed, 05 May 2021 15:34:05 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

There was a saying about you and Frank - "There are none so blind as
those who will not see".

Clean your mirror silly little tommy.

I did extensive scuba diving and I was NEVER stupid enough to dive
past the limit and damage my lungs from that.
That shoe fits on the other foot -- John did extensive bicycle riding
and was never stupid enough to give himself a concussion. Life takes
its toll.
So now mechanical failure of a component that was manufactured
incorrectly is "stupid" on my part? Tell me what bike you ride?

A Graecross MTB is the brand of the frame. What does that have to do with
the price of fish in Outer Mongolia or your stupid persistence in buying
cheap crap.

BTW, given Johns Industrial background, his scuba diving might have been
for work,
Nope, fun and games :-) I was diving with a bloke I worked with who
was an approved diving instructor and as far as I know did nothing
wrong. But the next morning when I got up and bent over to tie my
shoes something in my chest went "flop"' I went to Sick Call and when
I told the doctor about the "flop" he put me straight into the
hospital - no going home to tell the wife. About an hour later they
had punched a hole in my chest and inserted a hose connected to a
vacuum pump and reinflated my lung.

Hmmm. Was the pneumothorax caused by diving or just coincidental? Working ambulance, I saw a lot of chest tubes placed to reinflate lungs. Good ER docs could do it in like five minutes.

-- Jay Beattie.
They never did determine the actual cause. As I said, I was diving
with a qualified instructor and was knowledgeable about breathing
during assent, etc. And because of the tube in the chest there was
considerable scarring and some adhesion of the lung to the chest
lining which caused some pain even after the tube was out.

As for putting the tube in... I was in the hospital so they did give
me a shot in the chest to deaden pain but basically they stab you in
the chest and then slide in the tube.

Were you using a double tank? A deep dive? Unless you know how to time your dive so that you can ascend at the proper speed, damage to your lungs is inevitable.

Good Lord! It was 60 years ago. Who remembers?

Well, I always though of skin diving as exciting and dangerous. I would dive down along a drop off just off of Monterey beach that went down to 1,000 feet. Along that cliff I would measure and harvest abalone which is a very large shellfish. People that were not expert in assisted skin diving always would wear a single tank. That way you couldn't go deep enough and stay long enough to worry about decompression so that the only thing you had to know was to breath on the way up.

If I can remember that from 60 years ago why can't you? Single or double hose regulator? Single or double tank? Skin diving is not for the sort of people that do not understand the dangers. And you probably thought the only dangers sharks.

Somehow you manage to get it wrong... yet again. You mention "skin
diving" which is diving without artificial breathing devices. What I
was talking about was SCUBA which is “Self Contained Underwater
Breathing Apparatus,” while "skin diving", sometimes called "free
diving" is diving with nothing at all.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 8th 21, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/7/2021 6:37 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
[...]

OK, I liked that! :-)

--