Tour de Suisse, stage 6 summary

Old June 17th 10, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Tour de Suisse, stage 6 summary

Stage 6 : Jun 17, Meiringen - La Punt, 213.3 km

1 Robert Gesink (Ned) Rabobank 6.20.53
2 Rigoberto Uran (Col) Caisse d'Epargne 0.42
3 Joaquin Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Team Katusha
4 Oliver Zaugg (Swi) Liquigas-Doimo
5 Lance Armstrong (USA) Team Radioshack
6 Matteo Carrara (Ita) Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team
7 Steve Morabito (Swi) BMC Racing Team
8 Frank Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank
9 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Liquigas-Doimo
10 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Team Saxo Bank 1.20

Changes in GC, stage 6 compared to stage 5 :

Biggest gainers by position :
+33 Gregory Rast
+33 Amets Txurruka
+32 Olivier Kaisen
+30 Roman Kreuziger
+30 Morris Possoni
+30 Jaroslav Popovych
+30 Brice Feillu
+23 Lars Petter Nordhaug
+23 Jeremy Roy
+21 Serge Pauwels

Biggest losers by position :
-54 Fabian Cancellara
-36 Dries Devenyns
-34 Robbie Mcewen
-29 Ryder Hesjedal
-23 Alexandre Moos
-19 Bauke Mollema
-19 Daniel Oss
-19 Francesco Gavazzi
-18 Diego Ulissi
-17 Jens Voigt
-16 Edouard Vorganov

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:27 Robert Gesink

Biggest losers by time :
-36:25 Robbie Mcewen
-31:50 Angelo Furlan
-31:50 Bernhard Eisel
-31:50 Daniel Oss
-31:50 Mark Renshaw
-31:50 Valeriy Dmitriyev
-31:50 Yevgeni Nepomnyachshiy
-30:28 Marcus Burghardt
-30:28 Ryder Hesjedal
-30:27 Allan Davis
-30:27 Kurt Asle Arvesen

Favourites by position :
+30 Roman Kreuziger
+17 Robert Gesink
+17 Christian Vandevelde
+17 Andreas Kloden
+14 Lance Armstrong
+14 Andy Schleck
+7 Marzio Bruseghin
+3 Frank Schleck
-5 Kim Kirchen
-10 Allan Davis
-13 Tony Martin
-17 Jens Voigt
-54 Fabian Cancellara

Favourites by time :
+0:27 Robert Gesink
-0:25 Roman Kreuziger
-0:25 Lance Armstrong
-0:25 Frank Schleck
-1:03 Andy Schleck
-1:03 Andreas Kloden
-1:59 Levi Leipheimer
-2:19 Tony Martin
-16:33 Kim Kirchen
-16:33 Christian Vandevelde
-22:34 Jens Voigt
-22:34 Fabian Cancellara
-24:54 Marzio Bruseghin
-30:27 Allan Davis

Top 3 and favourites GC standings (previous stage in parens) :
1 Robert Gesink 25:18:57 (was 18th at 0:27)
2 Rigoberto Uran 0:29 (was 4th at 0:10)
3 Steve Morabito 0:36 (was 6th at 0:11)
4 Frank Schleck 0:38 (was 7th at 0:13)
7 Lance Armstrong 0:55 (was 21st at 0:30)
11 Andy Schleck 1:40 (was 25th at 0:37)
12 Andreas Kloden 1:48 (was 29th at 0:45)
13 Levi Leipheimer 2:18 (was 13th at 0:19)
14 Tony Martin 2:19 (was 1st at 0:00)
15 Roman Kreuziger 2:24 (was 45th at 1:59)
51 Kim Kirchen 19:46 (was 46th at 3:13)
56 Fabian Cancellara 22:35 (was 2nd at 0:01)
67 Jens Voigt 27:22 (was 50th at 4:48)
102 Christian Vandevelde 46:41 (was 119th at 30:08)
127 Marzio Bruseghin 59:56 (was 134th at 35:02)
128 Allan Davis 1:00:04 (was 118th at 29:37)

Top 10 on Points table with previous in parens:
1 Marco Marcato 42 (unchanged)
2 Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil 30 (unchanged)
3 Marcus Burghardt 25 (unchanged)
4 Alessandro Petacchi 25 (unchanged)
5 Fabian Cancellara 24 (unchanged)
6 Rigoberto Uran 24 (was 18th with 12 points)
7 Robbie Mcewen 24 (was 0 points)
8 Robert Gesink 21 (was 32nd with 6 points)
9 Frank Schleck 20 (was 13th with 15 points)
10 Pablo Urtasun Perez 20 (was 7th with 20 points)

Top 10 on Mountains table with previous in parens:
1 Wouter Poels 40 (was 5th with 8 points)
2 Mathias Frank 38 (was 3rd with 15 points)
3 Robert Gesink 21 (was 19th with 1 points)
4 Aitor Hernandez Gutierrez 19 (was 1st with 19 points)
5 Brice Feillu 19 (was 11th with 5 points)
6 Alexandre Pliuschin 18 (was 2nd with 18 points)
7 Matteo Carrara 15 (was 0 points)
8 Daniel Oss 13 (was 4th with 13 points)
9 Roman Kreuziger 10 (was 0 points)
10 Amets Txurruka 10 (was 17th with 2 points)

Retirements to date : Stage
Jussi Veikkanen (Fin) Francaise Des Jeux 6
Koldo Fernandez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 6
Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team HTC - Columbia 6
Olivier Bonnaire (Fra) Francaise Des Jeux 6
Wilfried Cretskens (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto 6
Arnaud Coyot (Fra) Caisse d'Epargne 5
Cameron Meyer (Aus) Garmin - Transitions 5
Gerben Lowik (Ned) Omega Pharma-Lotto 5
Heinrich Haussler (Ger) Cervelo Test Team 5
Jose-Luis Arrieta (Spa) AG2R La Mondiale 5
Loyd Mondory (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 5
Ludovic Turpin (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 5
Sebastien Hinault (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 5
Michael Rogers (Aus) Team HTC - Columbia 4
David Vitoria (Swi) Footon-Servetto 3
Dominique Nerz (Ger) Team Milram 3
Fabio Felline (Ita) Footon-Servetto 3
Joao Correia (Por) Cervelo Test Team 3
Joost Van Leijen (Ned) Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team 3
Pedro Merino Criado (Spa) Footon-Servetto 3
Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Doimo 3
Valerio Agnoli (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 3
Laurens Ten Dam (Ned) Rabobank 2
Total retirements : 23

(This report can also be seen at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rvmartin2)

Old June 17th 10, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

Stage 6 : Jun 17, Meiringen - La Punt, 213.3 km

1 Robert Gesink (Ned) Rabobank
6.20.53
2 Rigoberto Uran (Col) Caisse d'Epargne
0.42
3 Joaquin Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Team Katusha
4 Oliver Zaugg (Swi) Liquigas-Doimo
5 Lance Armstrong (USA) Team Radioshack
6 Matteo Carrara (Ita) Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team
7 Steve Morabito (Swi) BMC Racing Team
8 Frank Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank
9 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Liquigas-Doimo
10 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Team Saxo Bank
1.20

Too bad they're only devoting an hour of coverage to this stage. If it's the
*last* hour, maybe we'll be OK. I want to know what happened on Albulapass
that Kloeden and Levi and Andy got dropped but Lance somehow hung on. Andy I
can maybe understand; this race is for Frank, not him. But wouldn't Kloeden
and Levi be strongly-motivated to stay in contact on this one? It's pretty
crazy to think that RS is going into the TdF with the gameplan centered
around Lance again. Like I said, I want to see what happened. Maybe they
(Kloeden and Levi) already feel like they're ready for the 'Tour and don't
want to go too far into the red. Maybe.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old June 17th 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:27:52 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

Too bad they're only devoting an hour of coverage to this stage. If it's the
*last* hour, maybe we'll be OK. I want to know what happened on Albulapass
that Kloeden and Levi and Andy got dropped but Lance somehow hung on. Andy I
can maybe understand; this race is for Frank, not him. But wouldn't Kloeden
and Levi be strongly-motivated to stay in contact on this one? It's pretty
crazy to think that RS is going into the TdF with the gameplan centered
around Lance again. Like I said, I want to see what happened. Maybe they
(Kloeden and Levi) already feel like they're ready for the 'Tour and don't
want to go too far into the red. Maybe.

They didn't show much here either, not a very impressive climb, Leppy
got dropped farily quickly but Kloeden paced LA pretty much until the
end of the climb and helped him bridge the gap with the Schlecks.
Old June 18th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

wrote:
Too bad they're only devoting an hour of coverage to this stage. If it's the
*last* hour, maybe we'll be OK. I want to know what happened on Albulapass
that Kloeden and Levi and Andy got dropped but Lance somehow hung on. Andy I
can maybe understand; this race is for Frank, not him. But wouldn't Kloeden
and Levi be strongly-motivated to stay in contact on this one? It's pretty
crazy to think that RS is going into the TdF with the gameplan centered
around Lance again. Like I said, I want to see what happened. Maybe they
(Kloeden and Levi) already feel like they're ready for the 'Tour and don't
want to go too far into the red. Maybe.

They didn't show much here either, not a very impressive climb, Leppy
got dropped farily quickly but Kloeden paced LA pretty much until the
end of the climb and helped him bridge the gap with the Schlecks.

Ah, the "he was paced" rationalization.

Brad Anders