yet another pedestrian hit by a speeding cyclist

Old November 27th 10, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default yet another pedestrian hit by a speeding cyclist

This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.
WTF is wrong with cyclists?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Bl...-in.6636017.jp

Old November 27th 10, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_5_]

On 27/11/2010 17:46, Mrcheerful wrote:
This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.
WTF is wrong with cyclists?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Bl...-in.6636017.jp

Didn't you trawl this one the other day?
Old November 27th 10, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Marc wrote:
On 27/11/2010 17:46, Mrcheerful wrote:
This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or
even name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap
on the pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Bl...-in.6636017.jp

Didn't you trawl this one the other day?

Not as far as I am aware, there was an elderly man killed by a cyclist a
week or so ago that I brought up here, but both man and cycle were actually
in the road (makes a change I suppose)

These 'cyclist running into people on the pavement' stories do pop up
frequently. Strange since according to some people they almost never ever
happen, and it is never ever the cyclist's fault in any way.

Let's see how this incident was all the fault of the pedestrian, or perhaps
it was his guide dog's fault? or was it the local council, or those nasty
motorists, or perhaps a horse, or a pedestrian barrier.

Mrcheerful

Old November 27th 10, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Nov 27, 7:07*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Marc wrote:
[...]

Maybe the cyclist needs a guide dog?
Old November 27th 10, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Mrcheerful wrote:
This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.

You mean on a shared use path.

The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.
WTF is wrong with cyclists?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Bl...-in.6636017.jp

Its not only cyclists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-student.html

following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ondon-bus.html

Tony

Old November 27th 10, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Tony Raven wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.

You mean on a shared use path.

The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or
even name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap
on the pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Bl...-in.6636017.jp

Its not only cyclists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-student.html

following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ondon-bus.html

Tony

It is a walkway.
So no comment relevant to the cyclist smashing into an elderly blind man and
dog? Typical cyclist, just like you really, cannot see a thing unless he
wants to.

Mrcheerful

Old November 27th 10, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

It is a walkway. So no comment relevant to the cyclist smashing into
an elderly blind man and dog? Typical cyclist, just like you really,
cannot see a thing unless he wants to.

Wrong - it is a shared use cycle path.
http://road.cc/content/news/27697-bl...hared-use-path

And looking on Streetview at what I assume to be the location it does
not look the sort of place where a cyclist could manage any speed at
all. It does look like an accident waiting to happen with a narrow
overgrown blind entry/exit but that does not excuse the individual
leaving the scene and not offering help.

Tony
Old November 27th 10, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 27/11/2010 19:58, Tony Raven wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.

You mean on a shared use path.

The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even
name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the
pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Bl...-in.6636017.jp

Its not only cyclists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-student.html

following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ondon-bus.html

Tony

Not that I disbelieve you, but where is the evidence that it is shared use?

--
Tony Dragon
Old November 27th 10, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Mrcheerful wrote:
This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.

You mean on a shared use path.

The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even
name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the
pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Bl...-in.6636017.jp

Its not only cyclists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-student.html

following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ondon-bus.html

Tony

Not that I disbelieve you, but where is the evidence that it is shared use?

Forget that, I've just seen your later post.

--
Tony Dragon
Old November 28th 10, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Nov 27, 5:46*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

WTF is wrong with cyclists?

I think you'll find its a hit and run thing, not a cyclist thing.
All sorts of scum do it.

WTF is wrong with you?

Cyclist v pedestrian in Cambridge [email protected] UK 0 July 27th 10 09:27 PM
Another Pedestrian injured by a Cyclist Mike P[_6_] UK 4 November 7th 09 02:02 PM
pedestrian hit by cyclist Ian Smith UK 6 April 18th 05 03:06 PM
Halfords- pro speeding and anti-cyclist. [email protected] UK 80 March 18th 05 10:43 AM
Cyclist & Pedestrian Tony Raven UK 22 July 24th 04 08:38 PM