True Story: Shaved Legs

Old October 9th 03, 04:29 PM
SM

Default True Story: Shaved Legs

Something to share with the group.

This occurred a number of years ago at the first xmas that I attended with
my fiancé (now wife).

My wife's cousin turned to her mother and whispered in her ear... they both
then both began staring at my legs (freshly shaven as I had just taken my
new xmas present for a ride that morning)... the auntie then got up, walked
over to my mother in law and whispered in her ear.... "ummmm.... we just
couldn't help but notice.... but your daughters fiancé shaves.... his legs!"

My mother in law said that she knew this and that I was a cyclist.

The auntie then gave a very confused look and followed up with "oh.... is he
gay?"

My mother in law burst into laughter and proceeded to make a complete arse
of them by pointing out that it might be something they should point out to
my soon to be wife!

I also got into a huge debate at the last family xmas thing when someone
once again noticed my legs and started asking if all cyclists were gay...
when asked why he assumed this he said because we shave our legs and ride
around in tights... I then proceeded to point out to him that most, if not
all, of his beloved football team ran around in tights when they were
training and that most of them shaved parts of their bodies, to both assist
in massage and also strapping.

Ahhhhh where would we be without the rednecks!

Old October 9th 03, 11:25 PM
Paul J

Very, very funny. Thanks SM.

I think the whole mental association with being "gay" is just due to a
lack of enlightenment on most occasions. It is easy to just assume that
it must be a "gay" thing when it challenges some peoples "knowledge" of
the world around them. You make a good point about the pro football
players too.

Old October 9th 03, 11:55 PM
M2cycler

its good to see u can tolerate such ignorance. people like that annoy
me. great story

Old October 9th 03, 11:55 PM
M2cycler