Standing + Big Gears Always = Knee Problems?

Old April 4th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Standing + Big Gears Always = Knee Problems?

Sorry to hear of your problem, Steve.

I'm 65 and no stranger to pain. :-)

What I do find that seems to help me, is to ride a fixed, or a single
speed bike and thus I'm forced to be able to do some 'rpm's'. Then,
when I ride my geared bikes, I generally spin, rather than trying to
push higher gears.

Hope this helps.

Lewis.

******