So many Victorian posts...

Old February 3rd 05, 02:14 AM
Fran Bailey

Default So many Victorian posts...

I've noticed there's mostly Victorian posts in this group. Where are
the Sydney people?

Isn't Sydney the centre of the known Universe? (With Centennial Park
being the epicentre of cycling.) After all, we've got the best weather,
the most courteous drivers, the shortest working hours, and with the
cheap real estate we can all afford $15K bikes!

[I'm sure everyone will agree with me...]
)
Old February 3rd 05, 02:35 AM
hippy

Fran Bailey wrote:
I've noticed there's mostly Victorian posts in this group. Where are
the Sydney people?

Still stuck in traffic? Lost? Waiting for a train?

Isn't Sydney the centre of the known Universe?

Only for Sydney-siders..

being the epicentre of cycling.) After all, we've got the best weather,

I refer again to my "It never rains in Sydney.." gallery:
http://www.thehippy.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=77

the most courteous drivers, the shortest working hours, and with the
cheap real estate we can all afford $15K bikes!

Well, Melbourne has the second cheapest :P

[I'm sure everyone will agree with me...]
)

Of course we will. Everyone knows Melbourne follows Sydney's lead. We
don't have a clue down here..

Did you guys get _any_ of last night's storm activity? I guess it
doesn't matter because you can simply tack it onto the insurance claim
from the last lot of hail damage

hippy ;o)
"Let the battle commence!"
Old February 3rd 05, 02:51 AM
GPLama

Fran Bailey wrote:
I've noticed there's mostly Victorian posts in this group. Where are
the Sydney people?

Isn't Sydney the centre of the known Universe? (With Centennial Park
being the epicentre of cycling.) After all, we've got the best weather,
the most courteous drivers, the shortest working hours, and with the
cheap real estate we can all afford $15K bikes!

[I'm sure everyone will agree with me...]
)

Sydwho? Sydwhere?

GPL
Old February 3rd 05, 03:02 AM
Marx SS

Don't all Sydney cyclists have a bike rack perminently fixed to thei
cars

--
Marx SS

Old February 3rd 05, 03:18 AM
Shabby

Yep, Sydney has the best bike paths, best bike lanes, best cafes, bes
pubs, best cultrual attractions, least crowded beaches and also has th
friendliest people in Australia. No argument from me.

(Now that should stop them from coming down here and annoying the shi
out of us about how wonderful the opera house is, how great the weathe
is and how fantastic the Olympics were).

"You got love this city for it's body and not its brains".......

--
Shabby

Old February 3rd 05, 03:22 AM
ritcho

Fran Bailey Wrote:
I've noticed there's mostly Victorian posts in this group. Where are
the Sydney people?

Isn't Sydney the centre of the known Universe? (With Centennial Park
being the epicentre of cycling.) After all, we've got the bes
weather,
the most courteous drivers, the shortest working hours, and with the
cheap real estate we can all afford $15K bikes!

[I'm sure everyone will agree with me...]
)

All the Sydney cyclists are busy working...

Oops.

Ritc

--
ritcho

Old February 3rd 05, 03:54 AM
Absent Husband

snip

"Now that should stop them from coming down here and annoyin*g the
****
out of us about how wonderful the opera house is, how great *the
weather
is and how fantastic the Olympics were"..............

snip

Now if only we could work out how to stop them from coming up to
Qld..... where we DO have great weather :P

Cheers,
Absent Husband

Old February 3rd 05, 04:45 AM
John Tserkezis

Fran Bailey wrote:

I've noticed there's mostly Victorian posts in this group. Where are
the Sydney people?

Isn't Sydney the centre of the known Universe? (With Centennial Park
being the epicentre of cycling.) After all, we've got the best weather,
the most courteous drivers, the shortest working hours, and with the
cheap real estate we can all afford $15K bikes!

[I'm sure everyone will agree with me...]
)

Everything except about Centennial Park. They're enforcing the 30Km/h speed
limit for bikes as well as cars- yet, I can still legally do 50 on any bike path.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622 http://counter.li.org
Old February 3rd 05, 04:58 AM
Fran Bailey

Marx SS wrote:
Don't all Sydney cyclists have a bike rack perminently fixed to their
cars?

Not all! If you live on the North Shore you can fit it into the back of
your wife's V8 Landcruiser (she uses it for picking the kiddies up from
school and meeting 'the girls' for lunch, dahling!). It's a good
counterweight to the 6' x 4' bullbar on the front...
Old February 3rd 05, 05:02 AM
Fran Bailey

Everything except about Centennial Park. They're enforcing the 30Km/h
speed limit for bikes as well as cars- yet, I can still legally do 50 on
any bike path.

Can't see that causing much of a problem though. Just a short delay
while I answer their questions.

My name, officer? Armstrong. Call me Lance...

CF seat posts maxisback Unicycling 0 October 14th 05 04:17 AM
Used Road Posts To Avoid? pinnah Techniques 8 August 19th 05 04:25 AM
Example of Bill Zaumen LYING: "Mikey, I'm going to flush the rest of your posts" Mr_Kingkillaha Mountain Biking 0 March 14th 05 03:47 AM
Jim McNamare, Ed Gin, and Other Postings.....an infinite amount of Monkeys. iLiad Recumbent Biking 55 September 30th 03 05:21 PM
Analysis of posts to alt.mountain-bike Johann Snyman Mountain Biking 51 September 14th 03 09:16 AM