Followups

Old June 13th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Followups

Well, according to the group experts, a beginning racer who can't
average 23 mph on a ten kilometer flat course should run out and buy a
complete TT bike.

Makes sense to me.

Henry, "renaldo", Asher, RonSonic, Bret and Charles know where it's at!

Old June 13th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tom Kunich wrote:

Well, according to the group experts, a beginning racer who can't
average 23 mph on a ten kilometer flat course should run out and buy a
complete TT bike.

Makes sense to me.

Henry, "renaldo", Asher, RonSonic, Bret and Charles know where it's at!

If they don't, you need to ask yourself if you are you willing to start
paying list price for your high-end rides.

--
Bill Asher
Old June 13th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tom Kunich wrote:
Well, according to the group experts, a beginning racer who can't
average 23 mph on a ten kilometer flat course should run out and buy a
complete TT bike.

Makes sense to me.

Henry, "renaldo", Asher, RonSonic, Bret and Charles know where it's at!

Do you realize you are talking to yourself?

Old June 13th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tom Kunich wrote:
Well, according to the group experts, a beginning racer who can't
average 23 mph on a ten kilometer flat course should run out and buy a
complete TT bike.

Makes sense to me.

Henry, "renaldo", Asher, RonSonic, Bret and Charles know where it's at!

I've never said anything about a complete TT bike. I don't own one
myself. I also don't claim to be a TT expert. I just said you're a bad
koach.

You've been arguing against the use of all TT equipment at Cat 4/5. I
think everyone who does TTs should at minimum use clip-on aerobars
which are quite affordable. The next step would be a rear disk wheel
and a deep section front wheel. That's enough to compete without a
severe handicap. I wouldn't begrudge anyone that equipment choice. Why
do you?

Your numbers are also way off. Here in CO, we recently had more than
twenty cat 4's (ACA has no cat 5) over 25 mph in the 38K State TT:

http://www.americancycling.org/resul...ne/stenner.htm

Bret

Old June 13th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tom Kunich wrote:
Well, according to the group experts, a beginning racer who can't
average 23 mph on a ten kilometer flat course should run out and buy a
complete TT bike.

Makes sense to me.

Henry, "renaldo", Asher, RonSonic, Bret and Charles know where it's at!

Tom -

Kindly show where I advised anyone to acquire any piece of equipment
for any time trial.

Question: Why is your speed criterion dropping from 25 mph to 23 mph?

Also, note that my name is spelled Ronaldo.

Finally, thank you for acknowledging me as an 'expert.' I may not be
expert in as many areas as you (who is?), but it would be fair to say I
have some expertise in bicycle racing.

-RJ

Old June 13th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bret wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
Well, according to the group experts, a beginning racer who can't
average 23 mph on a ten kilometer flat course should run out and buy a
complete TT bike.

Makes sense to me.

Henry, "renaldo", Asher, RonSonic, Bret and Charles know where it's at!

I've never said anything about a complete TT bike. I don't own one
myself. I also don't claim to be a TT expert. I just said you're a bad
koach.

For suggesting that someone learn to TT before buying specialize
equipment? Obviously you're a good koach suggesting that buying special
stuff is a better idea than learning what you're supposed to do first.

You've been arguing against the use of all TT equipment at Cat 4/5. I
think everyone who does TTs should at minimum use clip-on aerobars
which are quite affordable. The next step would be a rear disk wheel
and a deep section front wheel. That's enough to compete without a
severe handicap. I wouldn't begrudge anyone that equipment choice. Why
do you?

Your numbers are also way off. Here in CO, we recently had more than
twenty cat 4's (ACA has no cat 5) over 25 mph in the 38K State TT:

http://www.americancycling.org/resul...ne/stenner.htm

Is it just me or do you have a problem with English in general? What
does some Cat 4's being faster than 25 mph have to do with the majority
under that?

Old June 13th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
Well, according to the group experts, a beginning racer who can't
average 23 mph on a ten kilometer flat course should run out and buy a
complete TT bike.

Makes sense to me.

Henry, "renaldo", Asher, RonSonic, Bret and Charles know where it's at!

Tom -

Kindly show where I advised anyone to acquire any piece of equipment
for any time trial.

Question: Why is your speed criterion dropping from 25 mph to 23 mph?

Also, note that my name is spelled Ronaldo.

Finally, thank you for acknowledging me as an 'expert.' I may not be
expert in as many areas as you (who is?), but it would be fair to say I
have some expertise in bicycle racing.

Why do you feel the need to hite your identity?

Old June 13th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Why do you feel the need to hite your identity?

My identity is well known. I'm not hiting anything.

Why do you feel the need ignore direct questions?

-RJ

Old June 13th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
ups.com...
Bret wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
Well, according to the group experts, a beginning racer who can't
average 23 mph on a ten kilometer flat course should run out and buy a
complete TT bike.

Makes sense to me.

Henry, "renaldo", Asher, RonSonic, Bret and Charles know where it's at!

I've never said anything about a complete TT bike. I don't own one
myself. I also don't claim to be a TT expert. I just said you're a bad
koach.

For suggesting that someone learn to TT before buying specialize
equipment? Obviously you're a good koach suggesting that buying special
stuff is a better idea than learning what you're supposed to do first.

Could you please give detailed instruction, point by point, on how to time
trial? Could you also make that for with and without the use of a heart
rate monitor?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Old June 13th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tom Kunich wrote:
Bret wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

You didn't limit your arguments to absolute beginners, you included all
cat 4/5's. In fact, you even expanded on that with this absurd
statement:

"In ANY case, a person should be setting records for his area without
Aero stuff before he starts using it".

I'm not sure what "records for his area" means, but you seem to be
saying that anyone below a competitive cat 2 should not use areo
equipment. How you are supposed to compete at this level (say 29 mph)
with a serious equipment disadvantage is not explained.

Bret