Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

Old September 27th 07, 08:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Default Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

Borgschulze wrote:
I'm sure if you bought me a Titanium cutting bit for a mill, and the
Titanium, I could machine some at school. But I doubt you would trust
my skill level, so that is out of the question, plus I wouldn't do it
for free.

That's great to know Dan. I really liked know that I would have to pay
for you to get set up, pay for labor, and then have a ****ty result
..

I'd like to know the weight of these frames. I'll stop nagging!

--
Danni

leo wrote:
Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'My Trials Course'
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 27th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Sponge, how long exactly did it take you to design this frame?

Danni wrote:
That's great to know Dan. I really liked know that I would have to pay
for you to get set up, pay for labor, and then have a ****ty result

If you're going to **** talk, you can be on my ignore list asshole.
Anyone that can read basic CNC code can make anything with decent
quality as long as they have the proper bits and material.

Don't turn this forum into ObservedTrials.net, if I wanted morons to
reply to my post I would just post more over there. Where if you make
even a good post, people give you negative reputation that has words
like Ni**er, and F*cking Asshole... for no reason and the comment isn't
even based on the post.

gerblefranklin wrote:
The fact that you think you need a special "titanium cutting bit" for
the mill indicates that you do not, in fact, have the expertise to make
a set of bearings holders. Unless you have a cnc mill, bearing holders
are actually a reasonably difficult (but well within the reach of any
accomplished machinist) project.

Yeah, actually I have access to a CNC mill.

I don't know why I wrote titanium cutting bit, probably was in a rush
to write the post to do something else, considering our 10 year old
bandsaw blade can cut through pretty much anything, and it's just a
regular blade.

All the bits at my schools machine shop are pretty old and beaten up
from kids being too stupid to stop the machine before it hits the vice
or other things when they set it up wrong.

But seriously, give me a break, I'm obviously not a machinist by
career, I'm still in high school.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 27th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Borgschulze wrote:
If you're going to **** talk, you can be on my ignore list asshole.
Anyone that can read basic CNC code can make anything with decent
quality as long as they have the proper bits and material.

Don't turn this forum into ObservedTrials.net, if I wanted morons to
reply to my post I would just post more over there. Where if you make
even a good post, people give you negative reputation that has words
like Ni**er, and F*cking Asshole... for no reason and the comment isn't
even based on the post.

Dood, notice the 3 smilies: it was a silly joke. Don't need to get so
angry when I use ... wow... notice the emoticons before you go in
swearing.

--
Danni

Old September 27th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Still no offers of bearing holder plans?

Seriously... someone get me some plans, or at least some measurements
of bearing holders. There are loads of machinists in my area... I'm
sure I can find one to make a prototype if I look hard enough.

Borgschulze wrote:
Anyone that can read basic CNC code can make anything with decent
quality as long as they have the proper bits and material.

But seriously, give me a break, I'm obviously not a machinist by career,
I'm still in high school.

So are you qualifying or disqualifying yourself from this discussion?
Your post seems to go both ways.

BTW, there's more to machining than CNC code. A CNC machine is not a
microwave. You don't just toss in a bar of metal and mash a couple
buttons...

Don't insult the dudes who've spent years honing their craft in a
machine shop, saying their job can be done by any literate person. Not
that I'm one of 'em, but I know some, and they're serious about their
work.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 27th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

maestro8 wrote:
Still no offers of bearing holder plans?

Seriously... someone get me some plans, or at least some measurements
of bearing holders. There are loads of machinists in my area... I'm
sure I can find one to make a prototype if I look hard enough.

Why not just measure the ones on your Unicycle and draw up some plans?

maestro8 wrote:
So are you qualifying or disqualifying yourself from this discussion?
Your post seems to go both ways.

Don't insult the dudes who've spent years honing their craft in a
machine shop, saying their job can be done by any literate person. Not
that I'm one of 'em, but I know some, and they're serious about their
work.

Well the key word is decent quality.

I have family members who run CNC machines making engine parts and
other random stuff, but they can't machine worth a crap manually...

I'm not bringing down any machinists, I didn't say it was easy to make
super high quality parts, I said that anyone who can read CNC code can
make some decent quality parts. Afterall, a bearing holder on a
Unicycle is really simple in design, it's a shaft collar with some
shoulders and opens by a bolt on both sides.

maestro8 wrote:
BTW, there's more to machining than CNC code. A CNC machine is not a
microwave. You don't just toss in a bar of metal and mash a couple
buttons...

You're talking now like I have no idea what a CNC machine is.

The last two semesters I took manufacturing, I taught the class how to
use the CNC machines.

The only hard part is zeroing the machine, and making sure the clamps
holding your part down don't get hit by the toolbit. The only reason
the clamps make it difficult is because of the people who hit them with
the toolbit when they program the machine wrong, the edges of the
clamps look equivalent to a foam cup being chewed on.

Old September 28th 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
IsaactheMasters

Testing the new Triton.

Hello I was just throwing out there, that I am the guy getting the
other one of these frames. I am also the one who traded sponge the
other Ti. I am really excited to be riding again since I have not had
a uni while waiting for this to be built. I will be putting the
following stuff on the uni when I recieve it in the post shorty.
top to bottom

KH Cover seat
carbon fibre base
thomson 27.2 seatpost
KH seat clamp
Triton Ti frame
Maxxis creepy crawler
Koxx drilled rim
Koxx hub
Koxx cranks
easter or somesort of pedals i can find or if sponge sends me some.

Ill def make a mini vid of putting it together or something for you
guys

glad to be the first to test this thing out!

-Isaac

--
IsaactheMasters
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 28th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Nice isaac, I'm sure you'll be an excellent tester.

Could you do all of us a favor and weigh the frame?
Thanks a bunch.

--
Danni

Old September 28th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gsracing91

and do some ridiculous drops maybe...
im wondering what the frames will do on big drops..

--
gsracing91
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 28th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
IsaactheMasters

sure thing... Iwill do some natty drops and throw up a vid on youtube
or something.

let you know

isaac

--
IsaactheMasters
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 28th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Blegas78

Dan Heaton wants his frame back.

--
Blegas78

Nothing is better than than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is
better than nothing, therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal
happiness.

"Rock Out Loud Yo!" -kid from Paper Bag Over the Head advertisement
http://www.usenet.com

Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials. Sponge Unicycling 275 December 29th 07 05:11 AM
Sponge and Joe Hodges... London Trials Video Sponge Unicycling 22 August 8th 06 11:25 AM
TiTerra titanium frames vigur Marketplace 4 February 20th 06 04:56 AM
custom titanium frames Brink General 13 September 14th 04 01:22 AM
Titanium Frames Around Australia Recumbent Style Australia 15 May 3rd 04 02:14 PM