Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

Old September 27th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gerblefranklin

Default Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

Borgschulze wrote:
I'm sure if you bought me a Titanium cutting bit for a mill, and the
Titanium, I could machine some at school. But I doubt you would trust
my skill level, so that is out of the question, plus I wouldn't do it
for free.

The fact that you think you need a special "titanium cutting bit" for
the mill indicates that you do not, in fact, have the expertise to make
a set of bearings holders. Unless you have a cnc mill, bearing holders
are actually a reasonably difficult (but well within the reach of any
accomplished machinist) project.

I know about 30 people with the tools and expertise to do the job, but
they wouldn't do it as a favor, so you shell out big cash ($100+ per
hour), plus they would probably walk away from any job that small where
the customer does things like beg.

Make a few sketches and go find a local machine shop. It's really not
that hard. If I go back to my last summer job during winter break, I
seriously could make you a set, but as I said, I'm charging shop rate,
since that's a serious project.

I could theoretically make you a set at my home shop, except that it's
3,000 miles away, and honestly, bearing holders are a kind lame project
to start with, so I don't see any reason to in the first place.

--
gerblefranklin

(Shut up and ride)

http://www.usenet.com