Itsy Bitsy Spider Starts Up the Spout Again

Old February 9th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Itsy Bitsy Spider Starts Up the Spout Again

On Feb 9, 11:21*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * " writes:

Snow is a GOOD thing. You are confused.

uhhhh ... I repectfully but vehemently
implore you to rethink.

When it's fresh, snow might be pretty.
But you know that sooner or later it's
gonna turn into an ugly mess when the
weather warms up.

I don't mind snow, per se. *It's when it
gets packed into ice where I want to
ride or walk that chagrines me.

That, and when it ultimately melts, causing
vast lakes of undeterminable depth to establish
themselves around storm drains at intersections.

I /do/ like those quiet, clear, sunny days after
a snowfall when all you can hear is melted water
dripping. *Those often seem to be Sundays.

cheers,
* * * * Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Snow is nice, slush is bad. Simple.

Joseph
Old February 10th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ron Wallenfang

On Feb 9, 3:37*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
.

Take heart. *The days are perceptibly
becoming longer, and the weather at least
a little more temperate.

Hey, it's February already. *And February
is like November backwards. *Okay, December.

I'm a "student" of these statistics. Average temperatures now have
"risen" 3 1/2 degrees (to a high/low of 31 and 16) and are about equal
to the average at the end of December; daylight is up 75 minutes from
the 9 hour low point and is equivalent to early November.

At least the daylight you can count on. As for the termperatures,
ours are plunging tonight and by morning are predicted to be -4F near
Lake Michigan and around -9F inland. It could be the coldest night of
the season and with high winds also predicted, it's likely to have the
worst windchills. But I do comfort myself with the assurance that,
statistically, the averages are rising.

XTR M952 Spider BraileTrail UK 10 August 5th 07 07:29 PM
spider-web aerodynamics [email protected] Techniques 4 June 21st 06 08:05 PM
94-110 spider meb Techniques 0 August 23rd 05 10:15 AM
LX crank spider Duncan Mountain Biking 4 February 12th 05 03:57 AM
itsy-bitsy bike cfsmtb Australia 3 July 10th 04 10:37 AM