About Trek liquids

Old August 18th 04, 05:34 PM
mark_kendrick

S o r n i Wrote:
mark_kendrick wrote:

grow up looser.

OK, I'll head over to a local pickup bar right away and get me a
skank to take home. That should make me looser.

JD

???? these responses are ridiculous on sooooooo many levels. What an
astounding lack of wit.

I agree completely. It's a wonder anyone even bothers.../with YOU/.

Bill "free clue: it's LOSER not looser" S.

I know .. sorta like Looooooooser but lazier ;-P

--
mark_kendrick

Old August 18th 04, 05:36 PM
cc

"JD" wrote in message
m...
"cc" wrote in message

See previous post. Bikes were attached properly. Problem=design flaw.

Yeah, blame it on a "design flaw". You're funny.

Well, each bike was attached at a different time, by different people, yet
both were coming off. The design incorporates a lot of "bounce" due to the
hinge feature that allows fold-down for SUV hatchbacks. We'd double-checked
installation to ensure that it had been done correctly as well. This is the
first time this particular rack had been on the freeway. The rack bounced
the bikes right off the end . .

cc

Old August 18th 04, 05:48 PM
BB

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:34:11 +1000, mark_kendrick wrote:

Bill "free clue: it's LOSER not looser" S.

I know .. sorta like Looooooooser but lazier ;-P

The great thing about Usenet is that nobody's ever wrong. Even when they
misspelled things, its because they "meant" to.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old August 18th 04, 06:02 PM
Dan Volker

"BB" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:30:35 -0400, Dan Volker wrote:

The sports teach the
consequences of each form of confrontational style, and how a kid learns

negotiate future discussions and confrontations will have alot to do

with
the sports they chose in school (or lack of) and how well they performed

in
them.

Ah, this would explain why football players are so meek and
non-confrontational off the field. ;-)

Each major sport creates its own dynamics....As to your comment, I've never
had any football player act confrontationally to me off the field--in
person. Have you?

Dan V

Old August 18th 04, 06:05 PM
Dan Volker

"Gamarús" wrote in message
newspscwkujms7cestu@ruc...
El Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:31:00 GMT, SuperSlinky va
escriu

The Liquid 25 on the American web site has Hayes HFX-9s, a very nice
brake.

The European one has the same. In a 2500 EUR bike I think all components
are nice , or must be. I only noticed that, while in 25 there is a mix
of LX/XT/SRAM/Hayes, in the better 55 all is XT, so I think it would be
better a XT brake.

They are exactly the same model number and have exactly the same rear
shock.

Ummm, sounds nice...

XC bikes will have more aggressive geometry,

? . I think you wanted to say "less"...

less travel and generally
stiffer suspension. But they will climb better.

One of the Fuel 9x things I like more is the possibility you can fix the
rear shox for long climbs. I think it has a Fox rear shox. Is this
possible in the Liquid 25, with the Manitou SPV?

If you have the pressure adjusted correctly, with the Stable Platform Valve,
you are not supposed to need to change anything.
Not having done any long climbs yet, I can only regurgitate ad copy on this
;-) On long flats, which I have ridden, I feel no bobbing.

Dan V

Old August 18th 04, 06:10 PM
JD

"Dan Volker" wrote in message ...
This is not a slam by Dan Volker against cycling...Hell, mountain biking is
presently my favorite sport.

How stylish of you. Too bad there are no mountains in Florida.

What it is, is an indictment of our culture.

No, it's an indictment of yourself.

Cultural norms lead athletes
in highschool, to go out for Football if they have the ability.

In what culture? You have got to be one of the most uncultured boobs
in the USA.

If they
"could" be good at football in college, the rewards for doing well in this
sport far outweigh any sociological benefit they could receive through
cycling instead.

What planet are you from? Planet of the clones?

A major sport like Football would mean being on the fast
track to a better social existence, it would mean having the cutest girls in
school far more interested in you, it would mean local companies offering
you easy and good paying summer jobs, and it could mean high paying
scholarships if you are good enough to play college ball.

Where I went to high school, the surfers got all of the "cutest
girls". Your world is pathetically small.

This is a cultural
issue, and one very deeply ingrained in the Western New York area---I grew
up in Eden, and believe me, the only kids riding bikes competitively then,
were the ones who could not make Football or one of the other major sports.

No, it's a lack of culture issue because you obviously have a severe
lack of culture.

What sports you participated in while in Highschool and College will have a
lot to do with shaping the way you relate to people the rest of your
life...and this gets us back on track in the discussion about JD.

Idiocy at its finest, thanks for another laugh. How do you function
while being so narrow-minded?

If you did not grow up in the Buffalo area, maybe you should ask some local
kids what they think about what sports they would most like to star at. If
they are a gifted athlete, it will most likely be one of the major team
sports.

Buffalo is a flyspeck. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you
need to get out more often. If you think mainstream sports (which are
quite lame and full of crybaby multi-millionaires) are where the only
"gifted athletes" can be found, you need milti-millions of dollars to
buy yourself a clue. Now go watch more tv.

JD
Old August 18th 04, 06:12 PM
JD

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message .. .
Jeesh. I can't believe that you've gotten my back up enough that I'm
practically defending JD.

I don't need to be "defended". However if you wish to keep laughing
at Vo2lker and pointing out his idiocy, have at it. The more, the
merrier.

JD
Old August 18th 04, 06:18 PM
S o r n i

JD wrote:
Where I went to high school, the surfers got all of the "cutest
girls".

In my school, it was the euphonium / valve trombone player, who also
lettered in golf despite never breaking 90.

Bill "perfectly accurate memory of all events at all times" S.

Old August 18th 04, 06:20 PM
Corvus Corvax

Dan Volker wrote:

Each major sport creates its own dynamics...

Indeed:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/0...rado.football/

Don't even get me started about the cesspool of bigtime college
football.

CC

Old August 18th 04, 06:31 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-08-18, S o r n i penned:
JD wrote:
Where I went to high school, the surfers got all of the "cutest girls".

In my school, it was the euphonium / valve trombone player, who also
lettered in golf despite never breaking 90.

Bill "perfectly accurate memory of all events at all times" S.

And in my school, there were a fair number of actors and artists we all
drooled over ... no, really! And then there was this gymnist guy freshman
year of college ... can you say "built"?

I didn't pay any attention to football players except for one friend of
mine who did varsity football and wrestling, as well as being just about
the smartest guy in the school. The sports may have contributed to his
awesome tush, but other than that didn't make much of an impression on
me. (He went for a career in physics rather than college football ...
funny, that.)

When I think back to college and who was "most popular", football players just
weren't any better represented than any other group. Cheerleaders were, but I
think that just goes to show that cute people tend to be popular.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain