Swan Mountain Road (Summit County, Colorado)

Old August 1st 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
John Everett

Default Swan Mountain Road (Summit County, Colorado)

We're about to leave on our annual trip from the Chicago area to spend
a week cycling in the Colorado high country. When we were there last
year there was talk about extending Summit County's extensive paved
cycling trail network to include a trail paralleling Swan Mountain
Road.

Does anyone know if there's been any progress on this. Have they done
it?

BTW, spent last week in Oregon enjoying their unprecedented heat wave,
then got back home just in time for it to arrive here. Sure looking
forward to Colorado. ;-)

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old August 1st 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
mark

John Everett wrote:
We're about to leave on our annual trip from the Chicago area to spend
a week cycling in the Colorado high country. When we were there last
year there was talk about extending Summit County's extensive paved
cycling trail network to include a trail paralleling Swan Mountain
Road.

Does anyone know if there's been any progress on this. Have they done
it?

BTW, spent last week in Oregon enjoying their unprecedented heat wave,
then got back home just in time for it to arrive here. Sure looking
forward to Colorado. ;-)

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

Summit County finally got the money to start building the bike path
paralleling Swan Mountain Rd. It should be complete next summer, so
you'll have to come back next year, too.

We've been having a heat wave of our own up here, lots of 80-85 degree
days :^).

mark
Frisco
Old August 1st 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Colorado Bicycler

That's neat. I never enjoyed sharing that narrow road with trucks and
speeding motorists!

Old August 2nd 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
mark

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
That's neat. I never enjoyed sharing that narrow road with trucks and
speeding motorists!

I would like to see the larger (18 wheel) trucks banned from that road,
I think thate they are a menace to other motor vehicles and to
cyclists. Something tells me it's not going to happen any time soon, though.